Gas Tax Appeal
- Study cites federal funds diverted from interstates. // Overdrive;Sep2010, Vol. 50 Issue 9, p71
The article reports on the study conducted by the Reason Foundation in Los Angeles, California which states that the government can increase spending on interstate highways by 10 billion dollars annually without raising the federal gas tax.
- Intermediate sanctions put on back burner. // Association Management;Jun96, Vol. 48 Issue 6, p10
Reports on legislative disputes for allowing the repeal of a federal gas tax allowing the US Internal Revenue Service (IRS) to impose tax penalties against 501(c)(3) and 501(c)(4) organizations. Mistakes in including certain provisions in the bill; Requirement for disclosing annual tax forms in...
- Gas tax stalling in Lansing. Cantwell, Julie // Crain's Detroit Business;12/09/96, Vol. 12 Issue 50, p45
States that there might not be an increase in taxes paid for gas in Michigan. Comments from Terry London, Representative for Marysville; Information on the proposed tax increase.
- Regulatory review. // Electric Perspectives;May/Jun97, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p142
States that the United States Supreme Court did not support the constitutionality of the sales and use tax of gas imposed by Ohio on retail sales of local distribution companies. Effects of the Supreme Court's decision to the electric utility industry; Reason why the Supreme Court did not...
- No Improvement Without Taxation. Shure, Jon // njbiz;1/1/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p20
Comments on the low gas taxes in New Jersey. Disadvantages of low gas taxes; Economic impact; Counterproductivity.
- Engler: Gas-tax hike possible. // Crain's Detroit Business;03/31/97, Vol. 13 Issue 13, p18
Reports that the United States House Transportation Committee said that Michigan may receive only half the money Governor John Engler needs in additional federal aid to avoid raising the state's gas tax. INSET: `..
- Proposal would clarify all bills for natural gas. // San Diego Business Journal;08/25/97, Vol. 18 Issue 34, p12
Reports that users of natural gas will have bills which would clarify what they're paying for, if proposed legislation is approved by the California Public Utilities Commission. Details on natural gas public proposed programs; Objectives of the proposals; When the revised billing system would...
- Ghislain Picard's deal stinks. Bonspiel, Steve // Eastern Door;11/25/2011, Vol. 20 Issue 46, p2
The author argues against the lawsuit launched by Assembly of First Nations for Quebec and Labrador chief Ghislain Picard in which the gas la forces the native people of Quebec to pay tax on gas being bought on reserve.
- Balanced budget agreement transfers 4.3 cent per gal gas... Flynn, Larry; Banasiak, David // Roads & Bridges;Sep97, Vol. 35 Issue 9, p22
Reports on the transfer of United States gas tax to the federal Highway Trust Fund after the signing of President Bill Clinton on the balanced budget tax and reconciliation bill. Other subject matters covered in the bill; Reactions of some government officials about the passage of the bill;...