Stumping for $37B in GOs
- California treasurer promises early debt report. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;04/26/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30627, p4
Reports on California State Treasurer Phil Angelides' plan to release his office's debt-affordability report in May 1999 to help state legislators in evaluating bond requests. Background on Angelides' achievements during his first 100 days in office.
- Treasurer Angelides Announces California Borrowing Plans. // Bond Buyer;8/22/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31704, p40
Reports on the announcement of California treasurer Phil Angelides to provide details on states' plans to issue bonds and notes. Inclusion in the debt required by the fiscal year 2004 enacted budget; Ratings given by various rating agency to bonds and notes; Factors accounting for lowered rating.
- Angelides Stresses Infrastructure Investment, Corporate Responsibility. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;9/13/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31470, p30
Reports the views of state Treasurer Phil Angelides on issues related to the state budget in California. Infrastructure investment; Development of strategy to deal with budget deficits; Significance of the terrorist attacks.
- Phil Angelides' vision. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;07/06/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30676, p1
Focuses on the plans of California Treasurer Phil Angelides to boost infrastructure investments in the state. Concerns over the state's investment strategies at the expense of economic inequities and environmental health; Programs of his department detailed in tours around the state.
- Opponent of California Pension Bond Sale Threatens Suit. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;10/18/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31991, p3
Reports that the Pacific Legal Foundation is challenging the California pension bond proposal. Foundation's claim that the proposal violates the state constitution; Reforms proposed by the state government to save the state more than the debt it incurs for the pension bonds; State treasurer Phil...
- Angelides: Hold Off On New Bonding. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;5/21/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31640, p1
Treasurer of California, Phil Angelides told leaders of California that he opposes the sale of any new general obligation bond issues or state lease-revenue bonds beyond those already approved or on the 2004 ballot until a balanced budget is in place and there is a viable plan to fix structural...
- Fiscal Recovery Bonds? // Bond Buyer;8/25/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31705, p1
Focuses on plan of California Treasurer Phil Angelides, to sell $18 billion of debt which the state needs to issue over the next 10 months in order to keep its recently adopted budget balanced, as of August 25, 2003. Schedule for the sale of $11 billion of Fiscal Recovery Bonds; Anticipation by...
- Investments in Power. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;11/5/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31755, p1
Reports on the proposal of treasurer Phil Angelides to increase investment in the state's electricity transmission grid in California. Construction of additional electrical grids; Issuance of revenue bonds for power projects; Response to the growing energy needs of the state.
- Angelides: Deficit Bonds A Bad Idea. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;11/7/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31757, p1
Reports on the warning of California treasurer Phil Angelides to governor-elect Arnold Schwarzenegger against a large-scale deficit bond issue. Opposition for a deficit borrowing plan; Challenges faced in the state's budget; Comment of Schwarzenegger on the issue.