Federal Government Posts $20.5B Surplus in June
- U.S. Posts $159.3B Surplus in April. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;5/13/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32877, p2
The article reports on the $159.9 billion surplus posted in April 2008 by the federal government, according to data released by the U.S. Treasury Department. The surplus followed a March deficit of $48.1 billion. For the fiscal year to date, the government is running a $152.188 billion deficit,...
- Treasury: U.S. Government Ran $36.3B Deficit in July. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;8/13/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32690, p2
The article reports on the deficit of the federal government according to the figures released by the Treasury Department in the U.S. $170.4 billion in receipts was taken by the government while spending $206.8 billion. Receipts on personal income taxes totaled $79.6 billion, bringing the total...
- RECONSIDERING TAX EXPENDITURE ESTIMATION. Altshuler, Rosanne; Dietz, Robert // National Tax Journal;Jun2011 Part 2, Vol. 64 Issue 2, p459
We examine the measurement of tax expenditures, as well as review issues concerning the classification of tax expenditures generally use calculations from the Tax Policy Center's microsimulation tax model to illustrate some of the problems with the current methodology for estimating tax...
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Vekshin, Alison // Bond Buyer;4/18/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31368, p2
Reports developments related to bonds in Washington as of April 2002. Decision of the U.S. Department of Treasury to buy-back securities in fixed-principle issues; Increase of trade deficits; Acceleration of global oil prices.
- Puerto Rico's April Revenues Are 26% Below Projections. Slavin, Robert // Bond Buyer;5/13/2014, Vol. 123 Issue 34108, p1
The article reports that Puerto Rico has claimed that its revenues were 26 percent below government projections for April 2014, after shortage of 380 million dollars in corporate tax collections. It states that the collection gap, reported by the commonwealth's Treasury Department, is concern to...
- Surplus hits $157 bil in April. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;5/13/2015, pA02
The article reports on the increase of surplus in the U.S. in April 2015 compared to the same month in 2014, according to the Treasury Department.
- U.S. Government Ran $112.8 Billion Deficit in July. Siegel, Gary // Bond Buyer;8/11/2016, Vol. 1 Issue 34560, p12
The article discusses the multi-billion deficit reportedly ran by the U.S. federal government in July 2016 according to the U.S. Treasury Department.
- IN BRIEF. Ackerman, Andrew // Bond Buyer;4/13/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32360, p2
The article reports on developments related to the capital market in the U.S. The U.S. trade deficit has closed in February 2006 to 65.7 billion dollars. A total of 85.47 billion dollar deficit was reported by the federal government in March 2006. The Treasury Department has sold eight billion...
- Treasury proposes crackdown on EITC errors. Turville, Mary A. // National Public Accountant;July97, Vol. 42 Issue 5, p8
Reports on the initiatives proposed by the US Department of Treasury to reduce Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) errors. Response to an Internal Revenue Service study of compliance with the EITC rules and regulations; Denial of EITC eligibility to reckless or intentional disregard and fraud;...