Jobless Claims Increase 19,000 to 332,000
- Jobless Claims Unchanged At 384,000 in Latest Week. // Bond Buyer;
The article reports on the lack of change in the initial claims for state unemployment benefits from the upwardly revised 384,000 level in the June 21, 2008 week, according to the Labor Department. Initial jobless claims are expected to decline to 380,000. Moreover, seasonal adjustments had...
- Unemployment Insurance: Enhancing Program Performance by Focusing on Improper Payments and Reemployment Services: GAO-06-696T. Nilsen, Sigurd R. // GAO Reports;5/4/2006, p1
Unemployment Insurance (UI) has been a key component in ensuring the financial security of America's workforce for over 70 years. In fiscal year 2004, UI covered about 129 million wage and salary workers and paid about $41 billion in benefits to nearly 9 million workers who lost their jobs. ...
- BAD EXAMPLE. // Labor Law Journal;Feb50, Vol. 1 Issue 5, p362
The article reports that Irma's boyfriend, Al, of the radio program "My Friend Irma," no longer subsists on unemployment insurance. The U.S. Labor Department thought that Al's easy-come income was bad for the morale of the jobless, and asked that he should find some kind of employment, as it...
- Begin Job Insurance Study. // Labor Law Journal;Dec53, Vol. 4 Issue 12, p854
The article reports on the national study about unemployment insurance beneficiaries to be conducted by the Department of Employment Security of the Department of Labor in cooperation with state employment security agencies in the U.S. in 1953. Duly recommended by the Federal Advisory Council of...
- miscellany. // Labor Law Journal;Mar84, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p193
Presents news briefs related to labor law developments in the United States. Amount of money the U.S. Department of Labor is asking the U.S. Congress to allocate for the fiscal year 1985; Information on the Targeted Jobs Tax Credit program which allows employers to obtain tax credits for part of...
- Keeping your unemployment Insurance rate down. // Management Review;Aug68, Vol. 57 Issue 8, p41
Gives advice to companies on keeping unemployment insurance rate down. Factors that should be considered to determine whether the rate is reasonable or too high; Necessity of having a company policy that covers unemployment insurance programs.
- Readers split on unemployment insurance increases. // njbiz;10/11/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 41, p15
The article reports on the result of the magazine's public opinion poll regarding the unemployment insurance crisis as of October 11, 2010.
- Roll Call/ House Almost Uninimously Extends Jobless Benefits. // Human Events;1/20/2003, Vol. 59 Issue 3, p22
Reports on the passage of a bill by the U.S. House of Representatives that temporarily extends unemployment benefits on January 8, 2003. Provisions of the bill; Recommendation of Democrats on the bill; List of legislators who opposed and supported the bill.
- THE DUBIOUS DOLE. Lynn, Jacquelyn // Entrepreneur;Oct2000, Vol. 28 Issue 10, p123
Focuses on unemployment compensation. Principles behind; Proceedings; Purpose.