Moody's Is Reviewing Financial Impact of Boston Tunnel Closure
- Mass Pike officials, waiting for ISTEA, consider the impact of their `big dig'. Kaplan, David // Bond Buyer;10/23/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30258, p30
Focuses on the anticipation by the Massachusetts Turnpike Authority for the results of legislative debates for the 1996 Intermodal Surface Transportation Efficiency Act (ISTEA). Impact of the debates' results on road construction contracts in the state; Appropriations bills influencing the state.
- MassPike prices bonds in final big sale for Central Artery. Kaplan, David // Bond Buyer;03/11/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30596, p35
Focuses on the bond sales by the Massachusetts Turnpike Authority to finance the Central Artery/Tunnel project in Boston. Syndicate contracted to lead the bond issuance; Rating of the bonds; Potential problems in the bond sales.
- Digging a Little Deeper. Higginbotham, Stacey // Bond Buyer;10/16/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 30996, p1
Reports that Massachusetts will issue a combination of variable- and fixed-rate bonds for its Central Artery Project in Boston by the end of November 2000. Financial plan of the Massachusetts Turnpike Authority; Amount transferred by the Massachusetts Port Authority from its revenue bond...
- Waiting to seal the deal. Wilson, Bill // Roads & Bridges;Dec2004, Vol. 42 Issue 12, p10
Focuses on the Central Artery/Tunnel project which has been opened to the public by the Massachusetts Turnpike Authority (MTA) in 2004. Details of an accident in the tunnel's slurry wall; Installation of a waterproofing system; Efforts made by MTA to keep the public informed.
- Mass. Turnpike Authority to Move Forward With Conservative Toll Plan. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;10/5/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32728, p3
The article announces the decision of the Massachusetts Turnpike Authority (MTA) to move forward with its toll hikes plan in 2007. The authority will conduct public hearings on increasing the cost to passenger cars by 25 cents to $1.25 on Turnpike extensions and additional 50 cents to tunnel...
- MASSACHUSETTS: Transportation on Table. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;3/30/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33088, p9
The article reports on the adoption of a transportation reform bill after the Senate passed the measure in Massachusetts in 2009. The initiative would join all of the Massachusetts' surface transportation entities under a new bonding agency named Massachusetts Surface Transportation Authority...
- MassDOT Picks Peebles for Turnpike Air Rights Project. Burton, Paul // Bond Buyer;1/7/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34238, p1
The Massachusetts Department of Transportation and the MBTA chose \Peebles Corp. of Miami to develop the $330 million Massachusetts Turnpike air rights project.
- MASSACHUSETTS: Turnpike Hearings Kick Off. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;12/8/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 33018, p9
The article reports on the series of four public hearings by the Joint Committee on Transportation regarding the Massachusetts Turnpike Authority, along with transportation financing issues throughout the state. The hearings are in response to proposed toll hikes that may take effect in February...
- Massachusetts Turnpike Agency Considering Toll Options. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;9/19/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32716, p6
The article reports on the review made by officials at the Massachusetts Turnpike Authority on several different plans for raising tolls. The review is part of the authority's obligation to fulfill its bond covenants. State transportation secretary Bernard Cohen postponed voting on the mandatory...