Nevada Controller Kathy Augustine, 50, Dies After Massive Heart Attack
- A father's heart returns to a daughter. Batz, Jeannette // National Catholic Reporter;08/25/2000, Vol. 36 Issue 37, p15
Presents an article about a father who died of heart attack. Realization about the father.
- SUDDEN DEATH IN ACUTE MYOCARDIAL INFARCTION: REPORT OF A CASE WITH OBSERVATIONS ON THE CAUSE, PREVENTION AND MANAGEMENT. Straight, William M.; Litwak, Robert; Turner Jr., John C. // Annals of Internal Medicine;Mar61, Vol. 54 Issue 3, p566
Reports on a case of sudden death after acute myocardial infarction, treated by cardiac massage. Review of literature; Observations on the cause, prevention and management.
- Tragedy at the bike tour. EVANS, HOWIE // New York Amsterdam News;5/9/2013, Vol. 104 Issue 19, p41
The article reports on the death of a 51-year-old cyclist from Michigan due to heart attack at the Five Boro Bike Tour in New York City. The race had to be shut down for some 30 minutes on the Queensboro Bridge, and the cyclist was taken to New York Presbyterian Hospital, where he was pronounced...
- Smoking after heart attack ups risk. Bateman, Chris // CME: Continuing Medical Education;Aug2011, Vol. 29 Issue 8, p343
The article reports on the findings of Italian researchers that taking up the smoking habit after suffering a heart attack increases the patient's risks of death five times.
- DEATH IN THE AFTERNOON. // New Yorker;5/7/1960, Vol. 36 Issue 12, p112
An excerpt from the "Herald Tribune" about the death of one of the oldsters in the third-base bleachers due to heart attack during one of the games of the St. Louis Cardinals baseball team, is presented.
- Multiple-cause coding of death from myocardial infarction: population-based study of trends in death certificate data. M.J. Goldacre; S.E. Roberts; M. Griffith // Journal of Public Health Medicine;Mar2003, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p69
Background Data on long-term trends in mortality are generally unavailable for multiple-cause coding of deaths. We wanted to know whether multiple-cause coding of deaths for myocardial infarction contributes much to the interpretation of death certificate data on mortality rates for this...
- Morning is bad time for a heart attack. // New Scientist;5/7/2011, Vol. 210 Issue 2811, p21
The article presents brief information about research at Spain's Carlos III University of Madrid which found heart attacks in the morning are more damaging to the heart because of tissue death than those at other times of the day.
- Squalor. Cappello, Mary // Hotel Amerika;Fall2010, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p7
An essay is presented on death of the author's friend. It states that her friend wanted to be home as he realized that he may not survive. It mentions that the author had a sense that her friend did not have car when he was about to die and he used to have recurring dreams of not being able to...
- Death of a skater. Y.E. // Science World;2/23/96, Vol. 52 Issue 10, p7
Presents information on the death of olympic gold medalist, Sergei Grinkov, who was a Russian Skater. How he died; Information on heart attacks; Comments from Doctor Josh Schwartzberg; Conclusion information.