Capital Adequacy Down Only a Little in 2005, S&P Report Says
- Downgrade Concerns Persist. Sinnock, Bonnie // National Mortgage News;5/18/2009, Vol. 33 Issue 33, p11
The article reports on the issue concerning the continuous mortgage-related bond insurer downgrades in London, England. It cites the impact of the deterioration in the U.S. residential mortgage market on the said insurer downgrades. It also offers information on the financial performance of...
- Bond insurers pummeled for straying into risky area. Skarbeck, Ken // Indianapolis Business Journal;1/14/2008, Vol. 28 Issue 46, p22
The article reports on the financial performance of bond insurers in the insurance industry in the U.S. in 2007. Four of the country's largest insurance firms including Financial Security Assurance Inc. (FSA), Financial Guaranty Insurance Co. (FGIC) and MBIA Insurance Corp. have experienced...
- Results May Vary for Bond Insurers' Non-Core Ventures. Hanson, Matthew // Bond Buyer;12/21/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32533, p7
The article reports on the differences in the results for non-core ventures of bond insurers in the U.S. According to a Moody's Investors Service report, side projects outside the financial guaranty industry have proven a mixed bag for insurers willing to diversify. Bond insurers' parent...
- Muni Volume Plunges. Campbell, Dakin // Financial Planning;Mar2008, Vol. 38 Issue 3, p30
The article reports on the decline of new-issue bond volume due to a change in municipal market and concerns relating to bond insurers. Data from Thomson Financial reveal a 47.2% drop in bonds sold in January 2008 as it was in 2007. The author elaborates on Municipal Market Data's report of a...
- Top Bond Insurers: All of 2001. // Bond Buyer;1/2/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31295, p33
Presents information related to ranking of insurance companies dealing in bond insurance in the U.S. as of January 2, 2003. Amount of bond issues handled by Asset Guaranty Insurance Co.; Number of bond issues dealt in by the XL Capital Assurance Inc.; Ranking of MBIA Insurance Corp. for the...
- Top Bond Insurers: First Quarter 2002 . // Bond Buyer;4/1/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31355, p43
Presents a chart depicting the top bond insurers in the U.S. for the first quarter of 2002.
- S&P: Top Insurers Would Survive Worst-Case Scenario. Smith, Aaron T. // Bond Buyer;7/18/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31430, p7
Focuses on the projection of Standard & Poor's about the top bond insurers in the U.S. Ability of the bond insurers to pay claims and maintain triple-A ratings; Capacity to meet policy obligations; Assumption of theoretical losses using the market conditions of the 1930s.
- S&P's State of the Industry. Carpenter, Sheri // Bond Buyer;05/09/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30887, p1
Reports that bond insurers' depressed stock prices are not an accurate barometer of the state of the companies' business in the United States. Improvement of premium pricing, conservative underwriting and improved capital adequacy; Potential of the industry for international expansion.
- S&P Report: Bond Insurers Are Expanding Their Global Presence. Carpenter-Kasprzak, Sheri // Bond Buyer;09/12/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30973, p7
Reports that bond insurers in the United States are increasing their international presence, according to a report released by Standard & Poor's analyst David Veno. Increase in the par value of the international debt guaranteed by the major bond issuers; Global investors' demand for structured...