TEB to Introduce Fast-Track Settlement Option
- Flurry of IRS Enforcement Disclosures Go On. McConnell, Alison L. // Bond Buyer;5/4/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32374, p1
The article reports on the disclosures of United States Internal Revenue Service tax-exempt bond enforcement activity. Announcements were made in Arkansas, Illinois, Maryland, Washington and West Virginia. The Arkansas Development Finance Authority has sold series of bonds for Waste Management Inc.
- SEC Official Warns Against Non-Disclosure of IRS Letters. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;2/24/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32326, p5
The article reports on the risk facing issuers who fail to disclose to investors in the United States that they have received a preliminary determination letter from the United states Internal Revenue Service stating their bonds are not tax-exempt. The notices affect the bonds' prices in the...
- IRS Audits May Follow Surveys. Schroeder, Peter // Bond Buyer;12/4/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 33016, p1
No abstract available.
- IRS Contemplating Adding Tax-Exempt Bond Schedule to Its Form 990. McConnell, Alison L. // Bond Buyer;6/15/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32651, p4
The article reports on the proposed plan of U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) to add tax-exempt bond schedule to its Form 990. According to sources, the new schedule would require public charities and other tax-exempt groups to report data about private use of their bond-financed facilities...
- Shady Deal? Participants May Face IRS. Barnett, Susanna Duff // Bond Buyer;4/14/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31862, p1
Reports on the investigation of the U.S. Internal Revenue Service on the tax-exempt bond transactions. Examination of the tax returns of participants of the deals; Focus of the agency on abusive bond transactions; Discovery of anomalies in bond transactions.
- VCAP Gaining Popularity. Barnett, Susanna Duff // Bond Buyer;8/4/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31940, p1
Reports on the rise in the number of requests made to the U.S. Internal Revenue Service's (IRS) tax-exempt bond division from issuers seeking to voluntarily resolve inadvertent errors on transactions. Number of voluntary agreements during four months in 2004; Voluntary compliance agreement...
- Market to See `Lots of' Audits Unfolding Over the Summer. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;05/15/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30891, p1
Reports on the expected unveiling of the results of United States Internal Revenue Service (IRS) audits of tax-exempt bond issues over summer 2000. Involvement of bonds issued primarily in solid waste, stadiums and 501(c)(3) organization; Issuance of results part of settlement agreements...
- IRS Audits $25M Deal for Retirement Center in New Jersey. Barnett, Susanna Duff // Bond Buyer;3/18/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31844, p5
Focuses on the audit of the tax-exempt bonds by the U.S. Internal Revenue Service from the Camden County Improvement Authority for possible violations of the private-activity bond rules. Worth of tax-exempt bonds issued by the authority; Requests for information related to the authority's...
- IRS Enforcement Imperils Tax-Exempt Bonds (Part I). Kennard, Alan L. // Corporate Business Taxation Monthly;Nov99, Vol. 1 Issue 2, p14
Part I. Discusses the implication of the decision of the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) to increase audit and enforcement activities on the status of tax-exempt bonds. Cases which are under examination by the IRS; Effect of the increase in IRS enforcement activities on the relationship...