Arlington County, Va., Voters To Face $207M in GO Bonds
- CIFG's 2Q Gross Par Written Increases 236% Over 2005. Hanson, Matthew // Bond Buyer;9/5/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32459, p7
No abstract available.
- Once-Cheap CEFs Continue Hight-End Transformation. Seymour, Dan // Bond Buyer;9/2/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33377, p6
The article reports that the municipal closed-end funds (CEFs) become exceedingly expensive by some measures of value in the U.S. It defines CEF as stocks representing ownership in a trust populated with an asset, such as state and local government debt. It shows that less than half of the CEF's...
- With General Assembly's Approval, Oswego, Ill., District to Sell $86M. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;1/12/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32546, p3
The article reports on the Oswego, Illinois, Community Unit School 308's plan to sell $86 million of debt following the Illinois General Assembly's override of Governor Rod Blagojevich's veto of legislation allowing the district to exceed state tax caps. The sale is set for February 12, 2007....
- MARKET SNAPSHOT: Tuesday, May 10. // Bond Buyer;5/11/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32130, p2
The article presents statistical information depicting trends in the municipal bonds of the U.S.
- MARKET SNAPSHOT: Wednesday, June 2. // Bond Buyer;6/3/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31897, p2
Presents a chart on the municipal bond market in the United States as of June 2, 2004, which includes government securities prices and the Municipal Bond Index.
- Pennsylvania to Competitively Sell $275M of Debt Next Week. D'Ambrosio, Jill // Bond Buyer;6/3/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31897, p3
Reports on Pennsylvania's plan to competitively price new-money general obligation debt in June 2004 as part of the commonwealth's routine borrowing plans. Sale of the 20-year fixed-rate bonds on June 8 and is scheduled to close on June 17; Ratings assigned by Fitch Ratings and Standard & Poor's...
- Munis Soften, Treasuries Down Again; Market Girds for Employment Data. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;6/3/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31897, p2
Highlights trends in the municipal bond market in the United States as of June 2, 2004. Total amount of new issues sold in the market; Expected release of the May employment report, and its implications for the bond market; Expected increase in May payrolls; Repricing of serials; Total amount of...
- N.Y.C. education board looks beyond city for bonding help. Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;03/22/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30603, p32
Discusses the need for New York City's Board of Education to use an issuer other than the city to fully fund its capital plan, according to schools chancellor Rudolph F. Crew. Governor George E. Pataki's plan to give the Dormitory Authority greater involvement in financing and construction of...
- Do It For the Kids. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;10/4/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32231, p37
Reports on the launch of a campaign by the volunteer group supporting a multimillion-dollar general obligation bond proposal for Tulsa County Independent School District No. 1 in Oklahoma. Concept of the campaign; Overview of the bond proposal.