Chicago Considering TIF for Financial District
- Council tiff leaves TIF up in the air. Philippidis, Alex // Westchester County Business Journal;2/5/2007, Vol. 46 Issue 6, p1
The article reports on the threat of the disagreement between two key members of the Yonkers City Council to the first-in-the-state public financing plan sought by the developers behind the makeover of the city's downtown and waterfront areas in New York. According to SFC Yonkers LLC, it needs...
- TIF helps city shape up blighted area. McGillivray, David // American City & County;Aug96, Vol. 111 Issue 9, p6
Reports on the success of a redevelopment project in a former residential area in Merriam, Kansas using tax increment financing (TIF) which reduced future risks while preserving the city's option. Elimination of the blighted condition in the city; Redevelopment eligible for TIF costs;...
- Council balks on Wal-Mart tax decision. Webb, Mary // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);10/21/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 17, p1
Reports the delay in the decision of the City Council concerning the tax increment financing for the proposed Wal-Mart in New Orleans, Louisiana. Consequences of the delay; Disclosure on the amount of financing; Factors causing the delay.
- Judge to rule on Wal-Mart TIF bond sale this week. Webb, Mary // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);1/6/2003, Vol. 23 Issue 28, p5
Focuses on the legal arguments concerning planned redevelopment of the St. Thomas housing complex in New Orleans, Louisiana. Issues with the approval of the City Council to the tax increment financing (TIF) plan for the project; Total amount of the TIF; Citations of other lawsuits involving the...
- Your Voice ONLINE. // St. Charles Journal;10/19/2011, Vol. 46 Issue 77, pA9
The article presents several online comments from "The Journal" readers on an article by Russell Korando about the DESCO Group asking the Saint Charles, Missouri council for 9.6 million U.S. dollars in tax increment financing for the Lindenwood Town Center development.
- TIF funding for Moss Green on this week's agenda. Wood, Gigi // Corridor Business Journal;4/26/2010, Vol. 6 Issue 40, p4
The article reports that the Iowa City Council will vote on tax-increment financing (TIF) for the proposed development of Moss Green.
- State considers changes to brownfield laws. Byl, John V. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;4/9/2012, Vol. 30 Issue 15, p8
The article discusses recommended changes to Act 381 of Michigan including the expansion of the list of eligible activities, the simplification of the approval process, and the granting of flexibility to local government units on approval of tax increment financing (TIF) for redevelopment projects.
- Yonkers, N.Y., Might Use TIF Debt To Finance Redevelopment Plans. Whalen, Robert // Bond Buyer;4/6/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32355, p3
The article reports on the plan of Yonkers, New York City Council to consider tax increment financing as an approach to help fund its 1.3 billion dollars redevelopment plans for 450 acres. The multi-phase plan include waterfront projects, a commercial and residential downtown hub, and a...
- Careful plans needed on infrastructure tax deal. Davis, Cecily // Planning (14672073);10/8/2010, Issue 1889, p7
The article focuses on the government's introduction of the tax increment financing (TIF) for the local infrastructure projects in Great Britain. The author suggests that careful planning is needed in the infrastructure tax deal while facing the economic downturn. Although the TIF cannot fund...