In the Palm of Your Hand
- Teen beat. // Education Week;12/13/95, Vol. 15 Issue 15, p4
Presents a caption story of Sergeant Kevin Molis as he walks his beat in the hallways of Malden High School, in Massachusetts. Comments from Molis.
- High School Implements All in One ID System. // T H E Journal;Jun2000, Vol. 27 Issue 11, p130
Reports on the identification (ID) system employed for students of the Zion Benton Township High School located at the Wisconsin/Illinois border. Security considerations; Purchase of a photo ID system from Datacard Corp.; Product features; Installation requirements; Contact information.
- what's ONLINE. // T H E Journal;Sep2007, Vol. 34 Issue 9, p6
The article focuses on several issues related to U.S. education, published on the Web site thejournal.com. Not only can teacher turnover negatively impact learning, it is also emerging as a financial drain on districts in all regions, according to the National Commission on Teaching and...
- IN BOUNDS. Nolin, Jill // American School & University;Jun2014, Vol. 86 Issue 10, p12
The article focuses on the idea of an open courtyard at a new high school in Athens, Alabama which incorporates a fence into the design that requires key-card access at the gates for the school administrators to control campus access. It states that fencing will be made of pre-finished aluminum...
- Cameras Document Evidence In Columbine-Style Plan. Pascopella, Angela // District Administration;Feb2008, Vol. 44 Issue 2, p16
The article discusses how a surveillance system based on Internet protocol (IP) helped prevent an attack similar to the one that occurred at Columbine High School that had been planned by two students at Connetquot High School in Bohemia, New York. Cameras from the Dynaview Network Video...
- GA. DISTRICT PONDERS WEAPONS FOR SECURITY OFFICERS. A. P. // Education Week;11/8/2006, Vol. 26 Issue 11, p6
The article looks at how the Clarke County, Georgia, school district is considering allowing high school security supervisors to carry guns on campus. Under the proposed policy change, campus security supervisors, which are certified officers who wear plain clothes when at schools, would be...
- Police On Campus are on-duty at 8 Jefferson high schools. Lee // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);09/13/99, Vol. 20 Issue 12, p39
Reports on the success of the Police On Campus program in Jefferson Parish, Louisiana. Protection of high school campuses in the Parish; Decline in the incidence of campus arrests; Jefferson Parish School Board's finance of the program.
- Police On Campus protect students, teachers. Lee // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);09/13/99, Vol. 20 Issue 12, p39
Reports on the effectiveness of the Jefferson Parish, Louisiana School Board's Police On Campus program in the protection of high school students and teachers. Problems due to the entry of drug dealers into campuses; Addressing of the problem of gang activities in schools; Expansion of the program.
- CHALLENGES FACING HEADTEACHERS IN SECURITY MANAGEMENT IN PUBLIC SECONDARY SCHOOLS IN KISII COUNTY IN KENYA. Kirui, R. K.; Mbugua, Z. K.; Sang, A. K. // International Journal of Humanities & Social Science;Oct2011, Vol. 1 Issue 15, p228
Security management in secondary schools is a growing concern in Kenya. The cases of student unrests have been on the rise especially over the last decade and have become more violent and destructive. This study sought to determine challenges facing head teachers in security management in...