Evaluating New Digital Video Recording Technologies
- Conquering Digital Marks CCTV Innovations. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Apr2000, Vol. 37 Issue 4, p43
Focuses on advances that are propelling the video surveillance sector of the security systems industry. Digital video systems; Emergence of smaller sized equipment; Better compressed transmission; Increased features in multiplexers and matrix switchers; Internet firms that are serving corporate...
- Untitled. Grant, Ian // Computer Weekly;3/1/2011, Issue 9, p37
The article reports that according to Frost & Sullivan research manager for commercial security Matia Grossi, more widespread adoption of fully digital video surveillance systems is being holded back by a legacy investment in analogue equipment.
- 7 Signs it's Time to Upgrade Your Video System. Mesenbrink, John // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Mar/Apr2002, Vol. 39 Issue 3/4, p16
Focuses on the modification of closed-circuit television (CCTV) system. Impact of security market growth on CCTV technology; Considerations in CCTV enhancement; Factors influencing preference for CCTV technology.
- Big Brother cares. Horne, Fiona Russell // Builders Merchants Journal;Jan2002, p3
Comments on the Data Protection Act 1998 concerning the use of closed-circuit television (CCTV) systems in Great Britain for security purposes. Provisions of the act regarding the privacy and respect of an individual; Factors to consider in implementing CCTV systems; Sanctions for unlawful use...
- Notes on CCTV. O'Mara, Deborah L. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Aug2000, Vol. 37 Issue 8, p39
Focuses on the scalability of closed-circuit television (CCTV) surveillance systems in the United States. Digitization of traditional security; Details on remote monitoring and control of CCTV; Advantages of digital video management and scalability; Impact of scalability on dealers and end-users.
- Using security cameras to safeguard your property. Mest, C. Elliott // Hotel Management (21582122);Jul2012, Vol. 227 Issue 9, p36
The article reports on hoteliers using security cameras to ensure safety for both their guests and the property itself.
- Chicago's blue-light cameras get mixed reviews. // Urgent Communications Exclusive Insight;9/20/2011, p6
The article reports that a study on blue-light cameras in Chicago gives the surveillance cameras a mixed review, saying they appear to have prevented crime in one neighborhood but not in another.
- Messaging Surveillance. // Government Video;Jun2010, Vol. 21 Issue 7, p4
The article presents the author's comments on surveillance video.
- D.C. EYES USING PRIVATE CAMERAS FOR SURVEILLANCE. // Government Video;Feb2011, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p6
The article reports that Washington, D.C. is seeking to add thousands of surveillance cameras operated by private businesses around the District of Columbia, and the subway system.