Q & A: Digital Video and Secure Transportation
- The Road to Security. Gibbons, Glen // GPS World;Nov2002, Vol. 13 Issue 11, p6
Comments on the commercial availability of affordable Global Positioning System-aided vehicle tracking in the U.S. Factors contributing to carriers' reluctance to implement GPS systems; Absence of regulatory requirement and financial support.
- Security isn't simple. Mele, Jim // Fleet Owner;Feb2003, Vol. 98 Issue 2, p6
Focuses on the difficulty in securing trucks and other commercial vehicles from thieves and terrorists. Problem of key storage in paddlocking; Complications in the adoption of the Global Position System for tracking of commercial transports.
- Banking on Digital Surveillance. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Apr2006, Vol. 43 Issue 4, p10
The article reports the announcement by March Network Corp. that one of Australia's biggest banks has chosen the company as the standard for its enterprise wide deployment of digital video surveillance solutions. The company's solution will be deployed by the bank throughout its branches to...
- Mobile digital video recorder. // Government Security;Oct2006, Vol. 5 Issue 7, p27
The article evaluates the 5412 Mobile Digital Video Recorder from March Networks.
- Colour me pink. Chhabra, Arvind // India Today;12/14/2009, p1
The article reports on the dial-an-auto service featuring pink Tuk Tuks or rickshaw automobiles launched by the Chandigarh administration in India. It mentions some of the advantages of these automobiles including cheaper rates than taxis. Each Tuk Tuk is equipped with a global positioning...
- Things I Can't Live Without â€¦and What I Covet. // Inc.;Jan2006, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p68
The article features several commercial products including TiVo digital video recorder, Magellan RoadMate portable global positioning system, Bose Quite Comfort 2 headphones and Swedish princess torte.
- A transportation security system applying RFID and GPS. Ruijian Zhang // Journal of Industrial Engineering & Management;Mar2013, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p163
Purpose: This paper is about developing a centralized, internet based security tool which utilizes RFID and GPS technology to identify drivers and track the load integrity. Design/methodology/approach: The system will accomplish the security testing in real-time using the internet and the U.S....
- Chip offers more power than Apollo 11. // Design News;7/16/2001, Vol. 57 Issue 14, p25
Features the Mach Z chip from Micro Devices Inc. which enables the networked DVR video system from March Networks Corp. Features and advantages of the chip; How the chip reduces design time.
- TRENDS IN VIDEO RECORDING. O'Connell, Tim // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Sep2004, Vol. 34 Issue 9, p65
This article focuses on the new trends in the video recording industry. The author says that the change is sometimes subtle, and other times change is sudden. Peter Strom, president and CEO of March Networks Corp. in Ottawa, Ontario sees two strong trends happening in the marketplace today. One...