PEOPLE ON THE MOVE
- A retrospective analysis of amputation rates in diabetic patients: can lower extremity amputations be further prevented? // Cardiovascular Diabetology;2012, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p18
The article presents information on a study conducted to investigate the changes in the amputation rate in patients with diabetes mellitus (DM). The study focused on 150 diabetic and 191 non-diabetic patients who were amputated at Karolinska University Hospital in Solna (KS) during 2000-2006....
- SST Employee Earns Prestigious Certification. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Mar2008, Vol. 38 Issue 3, p63
The article reports that David A. Smith of Security Services & Technologies became the first, online certified Physical Security Networking Associate (PSNA) in the U.S. This certification is the gold standard for online networking in the security industry and is the only designation of its kind....
- 4 Tips for a Corporate Security Plan. Morton, Jennie // Buildings;Oct2011, Vol. 105 Issue 10, p31
The article provides tips when working on a corporate security plan. It notes that a corporate security plan provides security guidance to each building which covers several processes ranging from pre-employment screening to security lighting. Mike Coleman of AlliedBarton stresses the importance...
- Philadelphia integrator honored. O'Toole, Patrick // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Nov1997 Part 2 of 2, Vol. 27 Issue 13, p26
Reports on King of Prussia, Pennsylvania-based Security Services & Technologies' inclusion to the Philadelphia 100, a list of the fastest growing companies that operate in the metropolitan area of Pennsylvania.
- Coleman takes spot on EDC board. Lundy, Emily // Malakoff News (TX);3/14/2008, Vol. 99 Issue 11, p5B
The article reports that Mike Coleman will become a member of the Trinidad Economic Development Committee (TEDC) in Texas in March 2008.
- Emphasize The Positive When Selling Security To Merchants. Gamble, Simon // ISO & Agent Weekly;7/25/2013, Vol. 9 Issue 27, p17
The article provides successful strategies for independent sales organizations(ISO) and vendors. It states that ISOs should sell security from a position of strength. Businesses are more likely to view security as a one-off purchase that solves all issues. Many offer network monitoring,...
- Managing Security Projects. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Aug2004, Vol. 34 Issue 8, p15
Reports on the Security Industry Association's certification program for security project managers. Roles and responsibilities of security project managers; Training requirements of the program; Advantages of obtaining certification.
- Critical Decisions, Critical Actions. Badzmierowski, William F. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Jun2007, Vol. 44 Issue 6, p66
The article outlines several elements in building protocols which are necessary for security personnel who respond to emergency scenarios. They include staying calm and making a plan, attending any immediate safety concerns and designating a team leader. The role of a team leader will include...
- Mark Your Calendars. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;May2006, Vol. 43 Issue 5, p12
The article presents a calendar of events related to security systems. A seminar titled "Successful Security Consulting," will be held during May 6-7, 2006 in Carefree, Arizona. Another conference named IAPSC Annual Conference is scheduled to be held during May 7-10, 2006. These events are being...