INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: HEALTHCARE
- the Vitals. // Medical Economics;10/10/2015, Vol. 92 Issue 19, p20
A chart is presented that shows the states to be affected by the planned merger of commercial health insurance firms Anthem-Cigna and Aetna-Humana.
- Care Package. Sheridan, Wayne // Commonweal;8/17/2012, Vol. 89 Issue 14, p7
The article focuses on the mergers of catholic and secular hospitals with reference to the health care and health insurance battle between church and state in U.S. Secular healthcare providers have been looking for merger partners due to increase in costs and funding shortages. Catholic...
- Are profits the healthcare problem? Mylchreest, Ian // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);4/24/2006, Vol. 23 Issue 17, p5
Comments on the acquisition strategy in the health care industry in the U.S. Concept of the Herfindal-Hirschman Index; Implication of a fewer health plans in any area; Significance of mergers to the profitability of companies.
- Area Healthcare Plans. // Toledo Business Journal;Dec2013, Vol. 29 Issue 12, p17B
A chart is presented which lists the Greater Toledo, Ohio area healthcare plans based on the number of covered lives enrolled including Paramount Care Inc., Aetna, and Medical Mutual of Ohio.
- HEALTH. // World Almanac & Book of Facts;2010, p145
Several charts are presented that show health data and figures, including U.S. health expenditures from 1960 to 2006, health coverage for persons under 65 by characteristics from 1984 to 2007, and spending on health in the 50 most populous countries in 2006.
- China's Vital Signs. // China Business Review;May/Jun2008, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p28
Several charts related to healthcare in China are presented which include the number of healthcare services institutions during 1997-2006; the number of beds in healthcare services institutions during 1997-2006; the number of healthcare personnel during 1997-2006; and the number of citizens...
- BY THE NUMBERS. // Modern Healthcare;10/9/2006, Vol. 36 Issue 40, p9
The article reports that according to a recent study published in the October 3, 2006 issue of "Health Affairs," total healthcare spending per privately insured individuals is increasing at a slower rate for hospital inpatients and outpatients on a percentage basis in the U.S. A graph is...
- The 2009-2014 Outlook for Accident and Health Insurance in India. Parker, Philip M. // Country Outlook Reports;1/16/2010, pN.PAG
Several charts depicting 2009-2014 Outlook for Accident and Health Insurance in India are presented.
- Who's Covered Now. Allen, Laura; Kleba, Heather // Governing;Oct2008, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p59
Several charts are presented showing the percentage of people under private insurance, government plans and those with no health insurance coverage in the U.S.