Goldman's Sharp Retiring… To Greener Pastures?
- Small Bank, Big Influence. Tully, Shawn // Fortune International (Europe);9/3/2012, Vol. 166 Issue 4, p25
The article discusses the financial success of U.S. boutique investment bank Centerview Partners, founded by Robert Pruzan, Stephen Crawford, and Blair Effron, due to the lack of confidence in large investment banks. It discusses Centerview's services which focus on strategic planning and...
- President Obama Has Friends in Private Equity, Too. Flynn, Mary Kathleen // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Oct2012, Vol. 47 Issue 10, p36
The article focuses on the private equity (PE) investors who have connections with U.S. President Barack Obama which include Blair Effron of Centerview Partners LLC, Hamilton James of Blackstone Group LP and Joshua Bekenstein of Bain Capital LLC.
- On the Way Up, UBS Warburg's Effron Raised Money for Gore, Landed Top Deals. Hadjian, Ani Laura // Investment Dealers' Digest;12/18/2000, Vol. 66 Issue 49, p13
Reports on the key role of Blair Effron, the head of UBS Warburg's global consumer products group, in the fund raising efforts for the presidential bid of United States Vice President Al Gore. Effron's emergence as a top Wall Street fundraiser during the campaign; Amount raised by Effron;...
- Co-President Stephen Crawford Quits Morgan Stanley. Whalen, Robert // Bond Buyer;7/12/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32172, p6
Focuses on the resignation of Stephen Crawford as co-president of Morgan Stanley in the U.S. Career development; Election of John Mack as successor to Philip J. Purcell as chairman and CEO; Economic indicators as of first half of 2005.
- People in Insurance. // Best's Review;Mar2010, Vol. 110 Issue 11, p15
The article announces the career development of several executives in the insurance industry including Robert V. James as chief executive officer (CEO) at Grange Insurance, Steve Crawford as CEO at Grinnel Mutual Reinsurance Co., and Susan Rhee as senior vice president at Jackson Fund Services.
- People. // Cabinet Maker;8/6/2004, Issue 5400, p8
Reports career developments of executives in the furniture industry in Great Britain. Appointment of Richard Sharp as national sales manager of Kingstown Furniture; Selection of Dave Fletcher as Hitachi Capital Consumer Credit head of sales; Recruitment of George Cox as chairman of the Design...
- EDITORIAL. McIlveen, Peter // Australian Journal of Career Development (ACER Press);Winter2011, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p3
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including the development of a new framework for quality assessment, the theoretical framework of the developmental stages in which individual progress is the classical view on adult career...
- PEOPLE. // Metal Center News;Dec2010, Vol. 50 Issue 13, p16
The article announces the career development of several individuals including the service retirement of John Dailey in Murphy and Nolan Inc., the retirement of John W. Krystof in Acme Metals and Steel Supply, and the promotion of Robert Jergel as vice president of sales in Aerodyne Alloys.
- Introduction to this Issue. // Career Planning & Adult Development Journal;Summer2012, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p5
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including career development, human development, and retirement.