Student As Socializing Agent
- Cooperating Teacher Perceptions of and Experiences in the Student Teaching Practicum. Tjeerdsma, Bonnie L. // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Jan1998, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p214
Examines the cooperating teacher (CT) perceptions of and experiences in the student teaching practicum. Impact of practicum on teaching beliefs in physical education; Interactions between CT and student teachers; Importance of constructivist theory of learning in understanding CT perceptions of...
- Investigating the Impact of Teacher Socialization on a Physical Education Teacher Candidate during the Student Teaching Process. Hushman, Glenn // Teacher Education Quarterly;Fall2013, Vol. 40 Issue 4, p81
The article discusses the study that determined how teacher socialization influences a Physical Education (PE) teacher candidate during the student teaching process. Topics discussed include recruitment, professional socialization, and occupational socialization as the three phases of...
- Clinical Setting for Future Physical Education Professionals. Mathias, Kirk // Teaching Elementary Physical Education;Jan99, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p38
Focuses on a program providing practical settings for physical educators in Arizona. Motive for setting up the program; Composition of the program; Opportunities received by student teachers.
- The Meaning and Organization of Physical Education Teachers' Actions During Conflict With Students. Flavier, Eric; Bertone, Stefano; Hauw, Denis; Durand, Marc // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Oct2002, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p20
This study employed methodological principles of the course-of-action theory in order to identify the typical organization of teachers' actions when in conflict with one or more students. Eighteen physical education teachers were filmed during physical education lessons and then participated in...
- Misapplication of Teaching Concepts. Hare, Molly K. // Teaching Elementary Physical Education;Jan2002, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p15
Provides examples showing the misapplication of the teaching concepts by physical education teachers. Correction of every performance error that is noticed; Use of circle of parallel line organizational patterns in any sport setting; Resolutions for appropriate application of the rule of teaching.
- Using Comprehensive Teaching Models to Enhance Pedagogical Content Knowledge. Mohr, Derek J.; Townsend, J. Scott // Teaching Elementary Physical Education;Jul2002, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p32
Evaluates the use of comprehensive teaching models to enhance physical education teachers' pedagogical content knowledge. Sport education; Tactical games approach; Ecological task analysis.
- Idea Exchange. // NEA Today;Oct2001, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p26
Presents tips on teaching. Advice for physical education teachers; Use of charity address labels; Idea on encouraging students to aspire for top-level jobs.
- Value Orientations of Physical Education Preservice and Inservice Teachers. Behets, Daniel // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Jan2001, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p144
Examines the value profiles of physical education preservice and inservice teachers in Flanders, Belgium. Consideration of teaching experience and type of teaching degree; Focus of the orientation on the social responsibility of teachers; Discussion on the process of enculturation and social...
- The existence of conflicting perceptions in a secondary physical education student teaching... Askins, Jeanette Crawfo; Imwold, Charles H. // Physical Educator;Winter94, Vol. 51 Issue 1, p35
Describes the experience of one secondary physical education intern as he progressed through the student teaching experience. Student teacher's interactions with other participants; Behaviors during teaching episodes; Documents and reflective journal entries; Conflicting perceptions; Social issues.