Sterling Headed for 2006 Growth Behind Sudoku, Children's Line
- Sterling Publishing America as the Audience. Kayle, Hilary S. // Publishers Weekly;9/6/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 36, p35
Presents the views of Charles Nurnberg, CEO of Sterling Publishing, on the challenges facing the publishing sector in the U.S. as of September 6, 2004. Changes in the New age audience; Views on the book "The Cosmo Kama Sutra"; Action taken by Sterling Publishing in response to the challenges...
- B&N Renews Its Vow To Be Major Trade Publisher. // Book Publishing Report;3/24/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 12, p1
Reports on publishing company Barnes & Noble's (B&N) intentions to become the leading publisher in the U.S. Significance of the company's acquisition of Sterling Publishing; Introduction of a number of B&N branded publishing programs; Total bookstore operating profit of the company.
- Earnings Inch Up at B&N. // Publishers Weekly;3/26/2007, Vol. 254 Issue 13, p12
The article reports on the financial performance of Barnes & Noble (B&N) for its fiscal year that ended on February 3, 2007. The author said that net income increased by 2.7 percent to 150.8 million U.S. dollars. Revenue totals gained from an extra week in the most current fiscal year. However,...
- Company Overview. // Barnes & Noble, Inc. SWOT Analysis;Jun2007, p4
An overview of Barnes & Noble Inc., which is a publisher and book retailer engaged in the sale of trade books, mass market paperbacks, children's books, bargain books, magazines, music and movies, is presented. Data is included on revenues generated in fiscal year 2007, as well as principal...
- DATAMONITOR: Barnes & Noble Inc. // Barnes & Noble, Inc. SWOT Analysis;Jun2009, p1
A company profile of Barnes & Noble Inc. (Barnes & Noble), the largest bookseller in the world, is presented. An overview of the company is given, along with key facts including contact information, number of employees and revenues. A SWOT analysis is provided which includes strengths,...
- Friedman Books Find New Homes at B&N. Holt, Karen // Publishers Weekly;8/18/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 33, p12
Reports that titles published under the name of Friedman Fairfax will be distributed under the imprints of Sterling and Barnes & Noble as of August 18, 2003. Changes in the Main Street Books, the promotional books imprint of Sterling; Publishing plans of Charles Nurnberg, president of Sterling.
- Barnes & Noble to Acquire Sterling Publishing. Milliot, Jim; Zeitchik, Steven // Publishers Weekly;12/16/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 50, p9
Reports the intention of Barnes & Noble to acquire Sterling Publishing in December 2002. Personnel management at Sterling; Purpose of the acquisition; Reaction to the move.
- Borders to 'Assess' Sterling Relationship. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;12/23/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 51, p13
Reports on the move of the Borders Group to assess its relationship with Sterling Publishing as of December 2002. Information on the Barnes & Noble's pending acquisition of Sterling Publishing; Remarks from Borders spokesperson Anne Roman; Apprehensions expressed by publishers who compete with...
- WHY DON'T YOU... Bodnar, Sara // Cosmopolitan;Jan2005, Vol. 238 Issue 1, p138
The article reports that nothing makes a man appreciate his girl more than knowing she's a wanted woman. Studies show a man's testosterone levels rise pre-competition, which makes him more willing to try to one-up his rival. Make plans for a one-on-one meal so you can focus on catching up. Also,...