Multnomah 'For Sale' Sign Latest Indication of Religious Market Volatility
- The book on Bertelsmann. Perman, Stacy; Sachs, Andrea; Salz-Trautman, Peggy // Time;4/6/1998, Vol. 151 Issue 13, p54
Discusses the acquisition of Random House by German media company Bertelsmann AG, making Bertelsmann the leader in United States publishing. Comments from company officials, including Thomas Middelhoff, who engineered the deal just six months before officially stepping into the chief executive...
- RANDOM NOTES. Miner, Brad // National Review;3/5/1990, Vol. 42 Issue 4, p49
Examines the views of Random House publishing company manager Alberto Vitale on the status of the publishing industry. Little change in the character of book publishing; Impact of the trend toward the formation of conglomerations of publishers.
- Other Press Looks to The General Trade. Reid, Calvin // Publishers Weekly;6/2/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 22, p15
Reports on the hiring of several former Random House executives by Other Press. Background of Other Press; Categories of books offered by Other Press.
- Grann Named Vice-Chairman of Random. Milliot, Jim; Zeitchik, Steven // Publishers Weekly;12/3/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 49, p10
Reports on the selection of Phyllis Grann as vice chairman of Random House Inc., a publishing company. Description on the position given to Grann; Commendation of Peter Olson, chairman of the company, on the significance of Grann in the operations of the company; Speculations on the nature of...
- Random House Pushes Further Into E- Publishing, Creates New Imprint. // Book Publishing Report;08/07/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 31, p2
Reports on book publisher Random House's plan to launch a digital publishing unit. Debut of AtRandom in January 2000 with 20 original titles available as ebooks or paperbacks printed-on-demand; Investment in vanity press Xlibris; Formation of a digital audio imprint with Audible Inc.
- RH makes major revisions in terms of sale. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;4/22/1996, Vol. 243 Issue 17, p12
Reports that Random House has instituted major revisions in its terms of sale for its trade publishing groups. Terms which become effective on June 3, 1996, including a flat discount for retailers; Discounts given to Random House's Selective Distribution (SD) customers; The old schedule;...
- RH realigns trade sales and marketing group. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;7/21/1997, Vol. 244 Issue 29, p106
Reports on Random House's plans to restructure its trade sales and marketing unit. The unification of the division's sales and marketing activities for each or Random House's publishing groups; The establishment of a new department for sales planning and information; Comments from Bruce Harris,...
- RANDOM HOUSE, INC. // Gourmet Retailer;Dec2000, Vol. 21 Issue 12, p140
Features the English-language trade publisher Random House Inc. in New York, New York. Company history; Publications of the company; Details on the merchandising support programs of the firm.
- FOLIO:'S 2010: CONSUMER MAGAZINE CEO SURVEY. Kinsman, Matt // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;Oct2010, Vol. 39 Issue 9, p44
The article focuses on the survey done by the journal on the chief executive officers (CEOs) of the consumer magazines. The report discusses changes in the executives and ownership changes in the publishing industry. It also focuses on rise in the profits of consumer publishers during 2010 as...