McGraw-Hill, CNET Alliance Aiming for Online Consumer Sales
- Practice development news. // Accounting Technology;Aug99, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p8
Presents developments in business and in the field of accounting in the United States, compiled as of August, 1999. Includes Centerprise Advisors as the new name of BGL Capital; Partnership between software resellers Macdonald Consulting Group and Brunswick Integrated Computer Services;...
- INDIRECT. // B to B;01/08/2001, Vol. 86 Issue 1, p16
Reports business developments in the United States as of January 2001. Details on the business deal between iiGroup Inc. and TargitMail.com; Alliance of Latham Synchronized Relationship Marketing and Harrah's Entertainment Inc.; Tasks of Charlie Baker as chief executive officer of Babcock &...
- LOGISTICS: Briefs. // Traffic World;8/16/99, Vol. 259 Issue 7, p18
Reports business developments in the United States as of August 1999. Growth of the non-manufacturing business; Launch of the Compaq Services Network by Compaq Computer Corp.; Formation of an alliance between Logistics Consulting Group and SECASA company.
- East Points In Different Ad Direction. Goldrich, Robert // SHOOT;6/25/2004, Vol. 45 Issue 25, p1
Texas East, co-director of broadcast production of the advertising company, Ogilvy & Mather New York, recently partnered with consultancy vet Shelley Landgraf to form "The East and Landgraf Group" to address over the long haul what he believes is the need for the traditional commercial...
- The Battle of the Alliances. Freidheim, Jr., Cyrus F. // Management Review;Sep99, Vol. 88 Issue 8, p47
Discusses the strategic alliances of enterprises in the United States. Advantages of forming cross-border alliances; Misconceptions in industry consolidation; Characteristics of the relationship enterprise; Problems in acquisition; Industries formed by relationship enterprises. INSETS: Global...
- SOUTHEAST Bond-Watch. DeSue, Tedra; Floyd, Daniel F. // Bond Buyer;10/19/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 30999, p27
Reports developments related to several administrative agencies and business enterprises in the United States as of October 2000. Account of the strategic alliance between Piedmont Municipal Power Agency and Alliance Energy Industrial Services; Decision of Alpharetta City Council regarding a...
- Aggregators offer end-users leverage. Murelio, April C. // Electric Light & Power;Jan1999, Vol. 77 Issue 1, p20
Discloses power aggregation alliances in the United States. Reason for the establishment of alliances with energy service providers by major businesses; Sempra Energy Solutions and Foodmaker Inc.; Enershop and Dallas Building Owners and Managers Association; National Energy Choice and Select...
- Temporary Alliances Have Long-Term Impact. Mooney, Sean F. // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;04/17/2000, Vol. 104 Issue 16, p35
Discusses the benefits of long-term alliances between insurance firms and other businesses in the United States. Characteristics of strategic alliances; Factors to be considered before a company enters into an alliance; What influences the likelihood of a satisfactory outcome.
- MILITARY APPROACH. Strozniak, Peter; Jusko, Jill // Industry Week/IW;7/16/2001, Vol. 250 Issue 10, p11
Reports on some of major manufacturing firms in the United States (U.S.) that joined the U.S. Army in a program to recruit employees. Objective of the program; Plan for the program; First company to join the program.