Around the States ï¿½
- Editorial. Paine, John // English 4--11;Autumn2009, Issue 37, p2
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one by Gill Robins on the teaching of Macbeth to Year 6 children, one by Michael Lockwood on the motivation to school children to read, and another by Rubina Din on the impact of Bollywood films to children's writing.
- On All Horizons. R. A. G. // America;2/20/1960, Vol. 102 Issue 20, p602
The article offers news briefs related to religious issues. McGraw Hill will publish a Junior Catholic Encyclopedia under the sponsorship of Cardinal Spellman to meet the curriculum needs of secondary schools. A program which will feature four visiting scholars will be conducted at St. John's...
- Surprise! Analyses link curriculum, TIMMS test scores. Viadero, Debra // Education Week;04/02/97, Vol. 16 Issue 27, p6
Reports on the analyses concerning the inadequacy of curriculum in schools in the United States resulting to poor performance of American students in the Third International Mathematics and Science Study. Focus on peripheral issues; Importance of textbooks.
- Mathematics...a Web of Connections. Waite-Stupiansky, Sandra; Stupiansky, Nicholas G. // Instructor-Intermediate;Nov/Dec98, Vol. 108 Issue 4, p76
Explores the relations of mathematics with real life and with other school subjects. How to replicate the practical applications of math in real life; Ways to connect math with other subjects; Connections of mathematical operations; Connections between procedural and conceptual knowledge in...
- MATHEMATICS. // Primary Teachers;Mar2009, p28
A description of the course "Overcoming Barriers in Mathematics" being offered at several schools in Great Britain is provided.
- 'Reading is an Adventure': developing reading engagement in the primary school. Lockwood, Michael // English 4--11;Autumn2009, Issue 37, p9
The article discusses the strategies outlined by the author to provide solutions to the unfavorable research findings regarding the attitudes of students towards reading for learning and for pleasure. However, the researches in England after 2005 have indicated that more teachers are providing...
- Creative Reading Strategies. // Curriculum Review;Feb2007, Vol. 46 Issue 6, p7
The article reports that Reading in Motion, a curriculum created by a Chicago, Illinois agency, uses music, drama and dance to teach reading. More than 18 Chicago public schools have implemented the curriculum to teach young students how to read. These creative strategies help students master...
- The Bookworm's Feast. Snyder, Maureen M. // School Library Media Activities Monthly;Nov2000, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p13
Presents a curriculum idea for teaching reading and language arts for grades 2 to 5 students. Objectives of the curriculum; Roles of the language arts teacher and the library media specialist; Activity and procedures for completion.
- Political Curriculum and Continuum. // Alberta Views;Sep2014, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p62
The article presents the list of political curriculum and continuum which includes one on Inspiring Education process, new education act and the inquiry-based approach to math from Inspiring Education.