Managing Localization of Human Resources in the PRC: A Practical Model
- Najafi Global Mindset Institute Summit: Developing Leaders for Global Roles. Cleaver, Walt // People & Strategy;2012, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p22
The article focuses on ways of developing great global business leaders as discussed in the conference "The Future of HR--A Global Perspective" held in Brussels, Belgium in July 2012. According to attendees, a good global leader is not just someone who has a "business tourist" experience, but a...
- Following the leaders. Benady, David // Marketing Week;4/7/2005, Vol. 28 Issue 14, p24
Reports on the innovative approach to the recruitment of chief executive officers at multinational corporations. Criteria for the succession of middle-ranking executives; Personal motives in the career choices; Belief in bringing home-grown talent up through the business organization.
- HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGEMENT. McBain, Richard // Henley Manager Update;Spring2000, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p21
Provides information on human resources management. How leaders can make a difference; Effects of leadership styles on performance improvement; Advantages of internal successions; Factors that influence internal as against external successions; Role of leaders on team empowerment.
- Who's Making the Decisions and Business Context Is Critical. Gebelein, Susan // People & Strategy;2012, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p9
The article focuses on factors crucial to making good people decisions within organizations. According to the author, three factors are important in selecting the right people for the job and these are the business context, the leadership group and the process of selection. She states that...
- The Rise of the Not-So- Experienced CEO. Torres, Roselinde // Harvard Business Review Digital Articles;12/26/2014, p2
The article describes characteristics of the emerging trend of fast-track chief executive officer (CEO) succession based on an analysis of Standard & Poor (S&P) 500 and Global 500 companies including in the retail, technology, media and telecommunications sector.
- Leading at a HIGHER LEVEL in a WORLDWIDE MARKET. BLANCHARD, KEN // MWorld;Fall2013, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p26
The article reflects on challenges being faced by leaders of multinational corporations and focuses on two leadership practices which can help global leaders to work effectively and become a good leader. It mentions that in multinational corporation's leader had to deal with different cultures,...
- WHY A HIGH GLOBAL IQ IS ESSENTIAL. Davis, John // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;9/27/2013 Supplement, p7
The author discusses issues in global business leadership as of September 2013. He claims that the one-way style of leadership was broken when globalization was introduced in the 20th century. He cites global intelligence as the key to succeed in business, in which leaders should be culturally...
- The Benefits of Talent-Pool Succession Plans. Conrad, Sean // Certification Magazine;Oct2008, Vol. 10 Issue 10, Special section I p43
The article discusses the benefits of talent-pool succession plans for organizations. It mentions that succession planning can provide organizations with valuable insights into their leadership pipelines and focus on developing people. With this, the talent-pool approach to succession planning...
- EXECUTING ON CHANGE. STEWART, HAZEL // Training & Development (1839-8561);Oct2014, Vol. 41 Issue 5, p24
The article discusses how an organisation can adopt to a values-driven approach that puts leadership at the centre of the personnel change initiative. It is argued that leaders must model the beliefs, practices, customs, and behaviours they want as part of the culture of their revitalised...