"MY LIFE AS A HIGH-CLASS COURTESAN"
- JOHNNY BE GOOD. Schonbek, Amelia // Walrus;Jul/Aug2011, Vol. 8 Issue 6, p27
The article discusses the protective measures called bad date list, which is used by sex professional against threatening and problematic clients in Canada.
- Germany: pimping legalized. // Off Our Backs;Mar/Apr2002, Vol. 32 Issue 3/4, p5
Reports the amendment of the law giving the prostitutes the right to sue johns and to obtain social security in Germany. Provisions of the legislative bill; Legalization of pimping.
- Police catch johns, hookers. Fagan, Noreen // Capital Xtra (Ottawa);8/12/2010, Issue 222, p11
The article reports on the undercover operation conducted in Centretown by the Ottawa Police in Ontario which mainly targeted johns or customers of prostitutes.
- 1972: NewYork City. Victor, Roberta // Lapham's Quarterly;Spring2011, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p103
The article offers the author's insights concerning the names and nature of work of hustlers. The author says that hustlers do not use their own name in hustling. She mentions some of the names used by the hustlers, such as Kim, Tracy, or Stacy. She also discusses her experience of being a call...
- "WE HIRED TWO female hookers.". // Cleo;
The article discusses the author's experience of going into a brothel with a friend and hiring the services of two prostitutes. She hardly knows her friend Sophie who she works with at a law firm. She describes their sexual adventures with female prostitutes in the brothel. Their first attempt...
- Secrets of the Call Girl Economy at Cannes. KENNEDY, DANA // Hollywood Reporter;5/17/2013, Issue 17, p92
The article looks at the prostitution scandal during the Cannes Film Festival in France. It is inferred that during the 10-day festival, about 100 to 200 hookers stroll in and out of big hotels everyday. Prostitutes range from high-priced call girls who charge an average $4,000 a night to local...
- How to reach clients of female sex workers: a survey "by surprise" in brothels in Dakar, Senegal. Gomes do Espirito Santo, M.E.; Etheredge, G.D. // Bulletin of the World Health Organization;2002, Vol. 80 Issue 9, p709
Describes the sampling techniques and survey procedures used in identifying male clients who frequent brothels to buy sexual services from female sex workers in Dakar, Senegal. Identification of clients 'by surprise' at the brothels they visited; Measurement of the prevalence of HIV infection;...
- Brothel. Watkin, Susan // New Internationalist;Mar2004, Issue 365, p7
Provides the definition of the Old English word brothel. Modern meaning acquired because of confusion with the completely separate word bordel; Latin word where prostitute come from; Definition of courtesan and pornography.
- "SHE HAD BRAINS, A BODY, AND THE ABILITY TO MAKE MEN LOVE HER" Vine, Katy // Texas Monthly;Jan2005, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p114
Focuses on the involvement of a massage therapist in prostitution in the Healing Touch massage center in Odessa, Texas. Background of the massage therapist prior to her engagement in prostitution; Commitment to clients in giving massage service; Efforts of the massage therapist and other...