PEOPLE & CALENDAR
- CTAM Aims At High Tech--and Old, Too. Higgins, John M. // Broadcasting & Cable;7/21/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 29, p16
Focuses on annual summit of the Cable and Telecommunications Association for Marketing in Seattle, Washington. Theme of the summit; Issues that are likely to be discussed during the summit; Speakers at the summit.
- Cable vs. Telecomm. // Caribbean Business;11/8/2001, Vol. 29 Issue 45, p24
Reports on the level of investments and marketing between cable companies and telecommunications industry in Puerto Rico. Introduction of Puerto Rico telephone on digital subscriber line (DSL); Costs of cable service on high-speed Internet service; Problem of interactive television on loss of...
- El peso de la television en el triple play de los operadores de cable en EspaÃ±a y en Europa. Gascón, Joan Francesc Fondevila // Zer: Revista de Estudios de Comunicacion;nov2009, Vol. 14 Issue 27, p13
The weight of television service within the triple play (Internet, telephone, television) offers of cable telecommunication operators in Spain is one of the pillars of communicological market analysis due to market trends toward digital convergence and the emergence of new Internet audiovisual...
- New Landscape for a New Millennium. Gibbons, Kent // Multichannel News;5/19/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 20, p54
The article discusses the innovations in the services offered by several cable operators in the U.S. According to the National Cable and Telecommunications Association, from a standing start of 500,000 customers at the end of 1998, the collective count of cable-modem subscribers is now around...
- CAN cable WIN ITS phone BET? Kupfer, Andrew; Moore, Alicia Hills // Fortune;9/18/1995, Vol. 132 Issue 6, p175
Asserts that the cable industry is confronting the telephone companies over the $90-billion-a-year market for local phone service. Where cable companies plan to introduce telephone service; Comparative advantage of technology versus marketing; Cable companies' long-term goal; The online market...
- "The Brand Is King.". Winslow, George // Broadcasting & Cable;6/11/2007, Vol. 137 Issue 24, pA6
The article presents a profile of Jason Klarman, head of marketing for the Bravo cable television networks. Klarman was a pioneer in the use of the Internet and other digital media in marketing television programs. In 2005, the Bravo program "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy" became the first...
- Preparing to Win in New Orleans. // Multichannel News;10/18/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 39, p39
In this article the authors discuss the 2010 summit of the Cable Television Administration and Marketing Society and changes which have been seen in the advertising and marketing strategies of the cable television industry. They are supportive of changes which the industry has made to its...
- The Opportunity at Hand. Haley, Kathy // Multichannel News;10/29/2001 Supplement, Vol. 22, p5S
Focuses on the increase of Hispanic American consumers in the United States. Availability of opportunities for cable television operators; Percentage of corporations that tend to ignore the Hispanic population; Reference made on the 2000 US Census.
- Playboy to push monthly subscriptions. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;02/28/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 9, p22
Reports that Playboy TV will seek to get operators to offer the adult network as a monthly premium service. Mechanics of the promotion dubbed `Playboy TV's Oasis'; Sample of a four-hour block of the network's original programs; Cable operators which offer Playboy on pay-per-view basis.