Forecasting Phone Gains at Comcast
- On Hold: Comcast Delays VoIP Launch. Crupi, Anthony // Cable World (10427228);3/10/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p32
Focuses on the Internet Protocol telephone service of the cable industry in the U.S. Reason for the delay of the telephony business of Comcast; Comment from executives of Comcast.
- Phones Now 'Rocket Engine' of Growth. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;2/6/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p26
Reports on the plan of Comcast Corp. to strengthen its digital voice offering in 2006. Reason for the move of the company; Reaction of Wall Street investors to the plan of the company; Projections of the company on the growth of digital voice or VoIP market in the U.S.; Explanation on the impact...
- Stalking the IP golden egg. Lafferty, Michael // CED;Apr2000, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p46
Reports on the competition to provide Internet Protocol (IP) telephony. Conversion into reality of the voice over Internet Protocol through cable television networks; Advantages of IP telephony aside from cost savings; Issues concerning standards, service and other problems.
- Operators Kick the Tires on Voice-Encryption Strategies. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;2/17/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 7, p31
Focuses on the display of a cable telephony voice-encryption service at Cable Television Laboratories Inc.'s conference by cable operators Nuera Communications Inc., Syndeo Corp. and InnoMedia Inc. Advantages of voice encryption service; Compliance of CableLabs standards by the...
- The mother of all networks. Tudor, Geoffrey; Young, Holland // CED;Aug2002, Vol. 28 Issue 8, p73
Reports on the efforts of cable television operators to expand their business beyond service transport technologies. Planned migration to a unified all-Internet Protocol (IP) network topology; Transition to a unified IP network.
- Comcast Rises to VolP Challenge. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;9/9/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 36, p3
Reports the legitimacy of Internet-protocol telephony in the cable industry in the U.S. Requisite research for the technology; Reduction of capital expenditures; Security of capital investment of the industry.
- Slight Sub Growth Ahead. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;10/18/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 42, p28
Forecasts on the third quarter earnings season for cable multi-system operators (MSO) in the U.S. in 2004. Net losses posted by cable MSO in the July and August period; Estimated basic subscriber growth for Cox Communications Inc., Comcast, Time Warner Inc. and Cablevision Systems Corp.;...
- Giving the cable industry something to gush about. Wallace, David J. // America's Network;2/15/95, Vol. 99 Issue 4, p36
Profiles Comcast Corp., a cable television company based in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Segments of the telecommunication industry which Comcast is involved in; Comcast Metrophone as a cellular operator owned by the company; Business and management strategies used; Marketing; Joint ventures...
- Comcast's thePlatform reaches for cloud with Virtual TV Framework. // CED;Oct2013, Vol. 39 Issue 10, p31
The article reports that Comcast Corp.'s thePlatform has launched its Virtual TV Framework, which allows cable service providers to replicate their 24-hour, live, linear programming and video on demand (VOD) television services via the cloud.