New Cable VoIP Hangup
- At the Portals:. // CableFAX Daily;8/11/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 155, p1
The article reports on the support of the National Cable Television Association to the plans of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to extend USF obligations to interconnected Voice Over Internet Protocol providers. The association, however, believes that the FCC should change its...
- FCC's Fall Agenda Includes Retrans, USF Reforms. // Multichannel News;9/12/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 34, p20
The article offers information on the agenda of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) which focuses on retransmission-consent reforms and Universal Service Fund reforms. It mentions that FCC's plan for fund reforms is to use it for broadband projects to reduce waste, fraud, and abuse....
- Stalking the IP golden egg. Lafferty, Michael // CED;Apr2000, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p46
Reports on the competition to provide Internet Protocol (IP) telephony. Conversion into reality of the voice over Internet Protocol through cable television networks; Advantages of IP telephony aside from cost savings; Issues concerning standards, service and other problems.
- Operators Kick the Tires on Voice-Encryption Strategies. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;2/17/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 7, p31
Focuses on the display of a cable telephony voice-encryption service at Cable Television Laboratories Inc.'s conference by cable operators Nuera Communications Inc., Syndeo Corp. and InnoMedia Inc. Advantages of voice encryption service; Compliance of CableLabs standards by the...
- The mother of all networks. Tudor, Geoffrey; Young, Holland // CED;Aug2002, Vol. 28 Issue 8, p73
Reports on the efforts of cable television operators to expand their business beyond service transport technologies. Planned migration to a unified all-Internet Protocol (IP) network topology; Transition to a unified IP network.
- Comcast Rises to VolP Challenge. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;9/9/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 36, p3
Reports the legitimacy of Internet-protocol telephony in the cable industry in the U.S. Requisite research for the technology; Reduction of capital expenditures; Security of capital investment of the industry.
- FCC Calls Out Comcast on Net Neutrality. Medford, Cassimir // Red Herring;1/19/2009, p2
The article reports on the letter sent by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to Comcast, challenging the cable operator to prove that it is not giving preferential treatment to its own IP voice service over rivals such as Vonage. Free Press and Public Knowledge complained to the...
- Small Ops Say Some Options For E911 Would Hurt Them. Hearn, Ted // Multichannel News;8/22/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 34, p24
Reports on the concerns of small cable companies regarding the effect of a U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) rule that would require deployment of home voice-over-Internet protocol (VoIP) equipment that would be able to automatically transmit the caller's location to emergency...
- Cable Wants To Be in FCC's VoIP Ruling. Hearn, Ted // Multichannel News;11/1/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 44, p41
Reports on a campaign being done by the cable television industry in the U.S. regarding the ruling of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) that would bar states from regulating a class of voice-over-Internet-protocol (VoIP) providers. Background on the pre-emption protections given...