Win-Win For Cable, Yanks
- Agencies Chase Cable Nets. Sampey, Kathleen; McMains, Andrew // Adweek Western Edition;03/27/2000, Vol. 50 Issue 13, p68
Deals with the negotiation efforts of cable television networks in the United States with advertising agencies regarding their campaign accounts. Agreement between MTV and DiNoto Lee company; Details on the television campaign of Discovery Health Channel network.
- Dish night at EchoStar. Colman, Price // Broadcasting & Cable;09/28/98, Vol. 128 Issue 40, p43
Reports that the EchoStar Communications Corp. had given its Dish Network hardware, a direct broadcasting satellite service (DBS), to customers who have signed long-term contracts for its more expensive programming package in the United States (US). Inclusions of the offer; Reasons people don't...
- EchoStar: Broadcaster wants $500M. // Multichannel News;03/13/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 11, p67
Reports that EchoStar Communications Corp. has accused a television broadcasting group of demanding $500 million to transmit its signals to Dish Network subscribers. Station's implementation of surcharges for EchoStar subscribers; Extension of the station's retransmission consent to cable...
- Broadband Soapbox: HD Wars. // CT's Pipeline;10/23/2007, p3
The article reports on the competition among cable operator on high definition services. DirecTV's advertising campaign involves a 17-plus pages of ads touting more than 70 DirecTV high definition channels in USA Today. EchoStar is unveiling at TelcoTV a service that can deliver more than 300 TV...
- Film school of hard knocks. Fromm, Emily // Adweek Eastern Edition;8/9/1999, Vol. 40 Issue 32, p5
Reports on the advertising campaign of the Independent Film Channel. Description of the television commercial.
- The anti-network. Schneider, Michael // Electronic Media;08/24/98, Vol. 17 Issue 35, p3
Presents information on Pax Television (TV) company's advertising campaign. Message which the campaign delivers; Cost of the campaign; When the campaign was launched; Comments from Jeff Sagansky, president and chief executive officer of Pax Tax TV.
- MSNBC's $2M ad blitz. // Adweek Midwest Edition;09/01/97, Vol. 38 Issue 35, p19
Reports on MSNBC's spending of almost two million dollars on an advertising campaign that includes ten million impressions on PointCast, Yahoo! and Disney's Family.com.
- Revisionism Reconsidered. Diaz, Ann-Christine // Advertising Age's Creativity;Sep2001, Vol. 9 Issue 7, p44
Focuses on the advertising campaigns for History Channel by the Concept Farm in the United States. Method used by Concept Farm to produce the different spots; Details on each campaign; Idea of the Concept Farm.
- Will the dispute over ITV Digital affect advertisers. Reid, Alasdair // Campaign (UK);7/20/2001, Issue 29, p10
Focuses on the threat of legal action by independent television companies against the rebranding campaign of ITV Digital. Details on the strategic goal of the campaign; Disputes between Carlton and Granada; Comments on rebranding; Assessment of the television advertising market.