ABC Involves Viewers
- News when you want it from TW. // Broadcasting & Cable;11/22/93, Vol. 123 Issue 47, p27
Reports on Time Warner's creation of a video news-on-demand division. Initial testing of service at interactive television site in Orlando, Florida; Marketing strategy.
- 'Nightly News' goes interactive. Berger, Robin // Electronic Media;10/18/99, Vol. 18 Issue 42, p9
Focuses on the introduction of interactive services for the broadcasts of the television program `Nightly News With Tom Brokaw.' Feature of the service allowing users to look up stock quotes, check local weather forecasts and e-mail comments about the show; Phases of development of the...
- Streaming a news river. // World Broadcast Engineering;May2001, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p12
Focuses on efforts of the Cable News Network (CNN) to provide news and information through data streaming and interactive television. Integration of produced materials into CNN video systems; Rate of production; Enumeration of interactive channels in the Internet; Implication of the...
- Competition. // CableFAX Daily;2/14/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 30, p2
Presents information on the interactive television service to be launched by CNN on Dish channel.
- Future of TV News Taking Shape as Viewership Drops. Whitney, Daisy // Television Week;4/24/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 17, p20
This article reports on a class being offered at the Ball State University which is aimed at teaching students how to produce an interactive television newscast as of April 2006. The findings of a research investigating online news viewership are discussed. The future format of online...
- To advanced ITV. Grotticelli, Michael // Broadcasting & Cable;8/13/2001, Vol. 131 Issue 34, p28
Highlights the Advanced Television Enhancement Forum (ATVEF), the organization for the promotion of interactive television (TV) in the United States. History of the organization; Mission of ATVEF; Founding members of ATVEF; Use of Web authoring tools for interactive TV.
- ITV across the pond. Grotticelli, Michael; Kerschbaumer, Ken // Broadcasting & Cable;7/9/2001, Vol. 131 Issue 29, p42
Elaborates on the increase in the popularity of interactive television (ITV) in Europe. Number of subscribers of OpenTV interactive service; Factors contributing to the slow acceptance for ITV in the United States; Release of a set of broadcasting standards for ITV.
- Interactive tube's future looks hazy. Grove, Christopher // Daily Variety;07/21/2000, Vol. 268 Issue 33, pA2
Reports on issues and developments concerning interactive television. View of Michael Thomson, research director at Interactive Institute in Sweden, that interactive television offers little promise since it is best suited for passive viewers; Potential of interactivity seen in the computer...
- BBC partners with Virgin Media for TiVo apps. McEleny, Charlotte // New Media Age (Online Edition);12/19/2011, p1
The article focuses on the partnership between British Broadcasting Corp. (BBC) and Virgin Media Inc. to develop interactive experiences for news and sports through the red button and TiVo. It states that the deal expands an existing partnership between BBC and Virgin Media, which goes through...