Cup Final Trounces '02 Ratings
- Soccer Deals Kick In as World Cup Nears. REYNOLDS, MIKE // Multichannel News;5/19/2014, Vol. 35 Issue 20, p6
The article reports on the deals among the 2014 World Cup's governing organization, ESPN television network and Univision Communications in Brazil. It notes that considerations are made on the networks that will be presenting the tournaments. It notes that Copa America Centenario is stepping...
- CBS' Masters Sunday Rating Down, Weekend Viewership Up. Herrington, Ryan // Golf World;4/20/2009, Vol. 62 Issue 33, p24
The article focuses on the viewership report released by Nielsen Media Research, which included the television channel CBS Sports's coverage of the Masters golf tournament. The research showed a mixed result for the channels which showed that Sunday's final round earned an average fast national...
- U.S.-Ghana game makes TV history. LEVINE, STUART // Daily Variety;6/29/2010, Vol. 307 Issue 61, p3
The article reports on the survey conducted by Nielsen Media Research Inc. which revealed that 19.4 million people have watched the World Cup game between the U.S. and Ghana on American Broadcasting Co. and Univision Communications Inc. networks.
- Remote Patrol. Quindt, Fritz // Sporting News;04/23/2001, Vol. 225 Issue 17, p10
Reports on the return of American Broadcasting Co.'s 'Wide World of Sports' television program.
- Programming:. // CableFAX Daily;4/10/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 69, p4
Presents update on cable television programming in the U.S. as of April 2006. Decision of the National Geographic Channel to renew the television program "Hunter and Hunted III" for a third season; Programming line-up of GoITV for the World Cup; Television dramas acquired by BBC America.
- World Cup worries. // Advertising Age;6/13/1994, Vol. 65 Issue 25, p30
The article comments on the attitude of some advertisers providing coverage of the World Cup 1994 in the United States. They are reportedly worried because Americans are not showing much interest in the event. 1977 is the year that shows the highest television rating ever for soccer coverage in...
- Fuel TV Retools To Lure Ratings, Dollars. // Broadcasting & Cable;3/7/2011, Vol. 141 Issue 10, p13
The article focuses on the programming and plans of the Fuel TV, a sports network in the U.S., with an aim to improve its rating. It mentions that the network is planning to use money to develop and acquire better shows from Fox Broadcasting Co. It states that the network has signed up for...
- GUEST EDITORIAL. Madichie, Nnamdi O.; Okpara, John O. // African Journal of Business & Economic Research;2011, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p4
An introduction is presented in which the editors discuss various topics within the issue on including the positive impacts of the International Federation of Association Football (FIFA) World Cup in South African economy and best African performer at the event.
- World Cups get $3 billion in coverage. MacDermott, Matthew // Business Insurance;06/22/98, Vol. 32 Issue 25, p3
Reports that 4.5 billion Swiss francs worth of cancellation coverage for the next two World Cup tournaments in 2002 and 2006, was purchased by the Federation Internationale de Football Association (FIFA). Information on talks between the association and investment banks in United States and...