Metadata Spec Will Add VOD Tools
- Ops Spec Out the Future. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;1/31/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 5, p25
Discusses the Data Over Cable Service Interface Specification 3.0 (DOCSIS 3.0) developed by CableLabs for video-on-demand contents in the U.S. Significance of the DOCSIS 3.0 to cable operators; Improvements made by cable operators on their video-on-demand contents; Features to be included in...
- Cable players to tackle telephony. Karpinski, Richard // Telephony;8/1/94, Vol. 227 Issue 5, p1
Reports on Cable Television Laboratories' launching of its telephony request for proposal. Expected outcome from the request for proposal; Participating companies.
- New directions for CableLabs. Lambert, Peter // Inter@ctive Week;04/28/97, Vol. 4 Issue 13, pI-1
Talks about CableLabs' expansion in 1997 to foster invention on all telecommunications fronts. Role of creating relationships with other industries; CableLabs' plan to provide technical assistance, testing facilities and funding; Development of core technologies spearheaded by CableLabs.
- Cable box standards set. // Electronic Media;11/10/97, Vol. 16 Issue 46, p52
Reports that the move to speed up the development of standards for advanced digital set-top boxes has been made by the executive committee of CableLabs, the research consortium of the cable industry. Details on project.
- CableLabs grows with expanded focus, new staff. Bernier, Paula // Telephony;1/2/95, Vol. 228 Issue 1, p1
Details of the budget plans of Cable Television Laboratories in 1995. Increase in its staff and its activities in telecommunications and digital technology; Information on CableLabs.
- Covering campaign '96. G.D. // Broadcasting & Cable;1/1/96, Vol. 126 Issue 1, p48
Reports on CableLabs' approval of a 1996 budget of 14.1 million dollars. Budget breakdown; Using of the research funding pool to fund specific research projects; Focusing on establishing interfaces for cable modems and hiring staff.
- CableLabs extends data service RFP. // Electronic News (10616624);6/5/95, Vol. 41 Issue 2068, p26
Reports that Cable Television Laboratories (CableLabs) has extended to June 30, 1995 the deadline for companies to respond to its high-speed cable data service request for proposal (RFP). Buford Television, CF Cable TV, and other participants in the RFP.
- CableLabs leads drives for digital convergence. Freed, Ken // Inter@ctive Week;02/23/98, Vol. 5 Issue 7, pI-5
Presents information on Cable Television Laboratories Incorporated (CableLabs), in Colorado, while highlighting that the company is showing how industry research coalitions can shape media development for the world. Details on a collective venture for research and development (R&D), which began...
- CableLabs is in the middle of it all. Berger, Robin // Electronic Media;11/01/99, Vol. 18 Issue 44, p12
Reports on sixteen respondents to Cable Television Laboratories Inc.'s offer to participate in the delivery of set-top boxes and integrated TV sets. Standard application interface for middleware enabling the operating systems for the devices to work with the cable operators' proprietary...