Next Shopping Stop For Cable: Wal-Mart
- Comcast Tries Voice IP. Whitney, Daisy // Television Week;3/24/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 12, p19
Reports on the plan of cable television operator Comcast to launch its voice over Internet Protocol trial in Coatesville, Pennsylvania in April 2003. Formalization of the details of the test at a CableLabs conference in Boulder, Colorado; Significance of the plan; Number of homes being served...
- X1 Licensing: One Size Might Not Fit All. Baumgartner, Jeff // Multichannel News;9/21/2015, Vol. 36 Issue 33, p17
The article focuses on the efforts of telecom company Comcast for licensing the X1, a cloud computing-based, internet protocol-capable video platform, from the company, as of September 2015, and mentions the challenges facing the independent cable operators due to paid television services.
- On Hold: Comcast Delays VoIP Launch. Crupi, Anthony // Cable World (10427228);3/10/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p32
Focuses on the Internet Protocol telephone service of the cable industry in the U.S. Reason for the delay of the telephony business of Comcast; Comment from executives of Comcast.
- BUSINESS ATTIRE. Spangler, Todd // Multichannel News;3/31/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 13, p38
The article reports on the plan of major cable operators to enter the enterprise telecommunications services in the United States. According to Wall Street analyst firm Sanford Bernstein, the market has an estimated worth of $55 billion. The article reports on Comcast's launch of a...
- Cable Friends And Foes. Bannan, Karen J. // Inter@ctive Week;10/21/98, Vol. 5 Issue 41, p20
Provides information on the potentials of the partnership between Internet service providers (ISP) and cable companies. Background on the two sectors; Information on cable modem service; ISP acquisition moves by some cable companies.
- MTV to make PCs that rock. // CED;Feb2002, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p24
Reports the partnership of the Music Television channel (MTV) with OEM computers. Details on the line of personal computers (PC) and PC-based gear designed for entertainment; Capacity to tune at home stereos and browse the Internet from the PC of MTV.
- Carriage. Scanlon, Mavis // CableFAX Daily;10/13/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 199, p2
Reports on the partnership of Akimbo with cable television networks Outdoor Channel and Hallmark to offer cable television content on the Internet. Television programs included in the offer; Price of the service.
- Giving the cable industry something to gush about. Wallace, David J. // America's Network;2/15/95, Vol. 99 Issue 4, p36
Profiles Comcast Corp., a cable television company based in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Segments of the telecommunication industry which Comcast is involved in; Comcast Metrophone as a cellular operator owned by the company; Business and management strategies used; Marketing; Joint ventures...
- Comcast's thePlatform reaches for cloud with Virtual TV Framework. // CED;Oct2013, Vol. 39 Issue 10, p31
The article reports that Comcast Corp.'s thePlatform has launched its Virtual TV Framework, which allows cable service providers to replicate their 24-hour, live, linear programming and video on demand (VOD) television services via the cloud.