Verizon Sues Md. County Amid Impasse
- Fla. County Beaches Verizon Franchise. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;8/29/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 35, p24
Reports that the officials of Manatee County, Florida have delayed acting on a possible cable franchise for Verizon Communications Inc. until the end of August 2005, and have been planning to revise the standing cable-franchise rules to better govern the industry. Changes that may be brought by...
- Telco CA Gold Rush:. // CableFAX Daily;6/2/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 107, p1
Reports on the approval of a statewide video franchising bill in California by an assembly of the California Cable & Telecom Association. Provisions of the bill; Estimated amount spent by Verizon and AT&T in supporting the bill through advertising.
- Verizon TV finds mostly static in NY. Fung, Amanda // Crain's New York Business;7/16/2007, Vol. 23 Issue 29, p1
The article reports on efforts by telecom giant Verizon Communications Inc. to secure rights to offer cable television service to residents of Yonkers, New York in 2007. The company's application promises to boost its efforts to secure a cable television franchise in New York State if approved...
- Competition. // CableFAX Daily;3/15/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 50, p2
Reports on the granting by three Delaware cities/towns of cable franchises to Verizon.
- Verizon To Launch Second Video System. Eggerton, John // Broadcasting & Cable;11/28/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 50, p34
Reports that telecommunication video provider Verizon is launching its second video system in Herndon, Virginia. Franchise agreement the company has signed with Fairfax County, Virginia; Efforts of the company to secure cable franchises in other Virginia municipalities.
- Verizon Wins Franchise in Major New York Market. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;4/10/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 15, p8
Reports that telephone company Verizon Communications Inc. has obtained a cable TV franchise in major New York market in April 2006. Several towns in New York to be served by Verizon; Overview of the franchise agreement; Operation plan of Verizon in Hempstead by the end of 2007.
- Bells Eye D.C. After Texas Loss. // Broadcasting & Cable;6/6/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 23, p12
Reports on the move of SBC Communications Inc. and Verizon Communications Inc. to propose the elimination of local franchise requirements for telecommunication companies to the U.S. Congress and the Federal Communications Commission (FCC). Outcome of the efforts of SBC and Verizon to lobby for...
- Competition:. // CableFAX Daily;6/30/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 127, p2
Reports on the Verizon FiOS cable franchise granted to Hatfield, Pennsylvania, which makes the borough the first member of a consortium of communities in Montgomery County, Maryland to be granted a cable franchise. Agreement of the consortium's steering committee with Verizon on the terms of a...
- IHS: AT&T's U-verse making steady gains. // CED;May2012, Vol. 38 Issue 5, p10
The article offers information regarding steady growth of the cable network company AT&T Inc. including a compared statistical analysis of its users worldwide with its competitor Verizon Communications Inc.