High-School Quiz Show Expands Borders
- etv Media. // New Media Age;3/19/2009, p24
The article features etv Media Group. The company's breakthrough multi-platform project was Thomas Cook Inspires in 2004 which was the first broadband web site in the travel industry to offer free hotel downloads to mobile devices. etv Media is developing a unique skill-based quiz show for...
- U. Penn Student on 'Jeopardy!' College Championshi. Tsering, Lisa // India -- West;11/12/2010, Vol. 35 Issue 51, pC10
The article reports that Siddharth Chandrasekhar, a senior student at the University of Pennsylvania, was chosen for the 2010 "Jeopardy!" College Championship.
- 'Big Brother' changes Swiss television reality. Glur, Beat // Variety;03/26/2001, Vol. 382 Issue 6, pM14
Provides information on different reality television programs and game shows aired in Switzerland. Local versions of the programs `Who Wants to Be a Millionaire' and `Big Brother'; Audience share of Swiss channel TV3; German media executive who is allegedly negotiating the Swiss rights to the...
- A Long Run . // Horizon Canada (English edition);Jan2001, pN.PAG
Focuses on the popularity of the television quiz show 'Front Page Challenge' on CBC in Canada. Interviews of celebrities; Roster of guests; Names of original panelists.
- ITV plots next quiz show with Millionaire makers. Palmer, Henry // Marketing Week;6/29/2000, Vol. 23 Issue 22, p12
Reports on the commissioning of Celador Productions by ITV to produce a peak-time quiz show to be aired in the latter part of 2000. ITV's search for the show entitled `The People Versus'; Expected viewership for the program.
- Television Fraud (Book). Forman, Jack // Library Journal;12/15/1978, Vol. 103 Issue 22, p2515
Reviews the book 'Television Fraud: The History and Implications of the Quiz Show Scandals,' by J. Kent Anderson.
- And now, from Norwichâ€¦. Self, David // New Statesman;10/10/2005, Vol. 134 Issue 4761, p40
Mentions the quiz show "Sale of the Century," in light of the 50th anniversary of ITV in Great Britain. Twelve questions, along with their answers, about game shows and ITV from the quizmaster, David Self; The prizes offered.
- Interactive component acts to increase auds. O'Neil, Tom // Daily Variety;11/28/2000, Vol. 269 Issue 60, pA14
Reports on the launching of the interactive quiz show 'History IQ' by cable network History Channel in the United States. Rules for joining the contest; Prizes as stake; Impact of the show on the network's audience share.
- Protectionism for $500. // World (0888157X);3/19/2016, Vol. 36 Issue 6, p21
The article states about the host Alex Trebek of the syndicated quiz show Jeopardyl having dual citizenship hailing from Canada after the show changed rules to prevent Canadians from becoming contestants of the show which could be the result of the recent anti-spam legislative policy.