High-School Quiz Show Expands Borders
- U. Penn Student on 'Jeopardy!' College Championshi. Tsering, Lisa // India -- West;11/12/2010, Vol. 35 Issue 51, pC10
The article reports that Siddharth Chandrasekhar, a senior student at the University of Pennsylvania, was chosen for the 2010 "Jeopardy!" College Championship.
- 'Big Brother' changes Swiss television reality. Glur, Beat // Variety;03/26/2001, Vol. 382 Issue 6, pM14
Provides information on different reality television programs and game shows aired in Switzerland. Local versions of the programs `Who Wants to Be a Millionaire' and `Big Brother'; Audience share of Swiss channel TV3; German media executive who is allegedly negotiating the Swiss rights to the...
- A Long Run . // Horizon Canada (English edition);Jan2001, pN.PAG
Focuses on the popularity of the television quiz show 'Front Page Challenge' on CBC in Canada. Interviews of celebrities; Roster of guests; Names of original panelists.
- Protectionism for $500. // World (0888157X);3/19/2016, Vol. 36 Issue 6, p21
The article states about the host Alex Trebek of the syndicated quiz show Jeopardyl having dual citizenship hailing from Canada after the show changed rules to prevent Canadians from becoming contestants of the show which could be the result of the recent anti-spam legislative policy.
- Whiff of Team Spirit. // Business Today;11/4/2007, Vol. 16 Issue 22, p218
The article offers information on the 2007 annual Acumen competition which will be held in India on October 26-27, November 3-4, and November 30-December 1. Accordingly, the said competition is expected to be set in the cities of Mumbai, Bangalore and Kolkata. Information about the details of...
- Who Wants To Be A Millionaire? Live. // Marketing (00253650);6/8/2005, p30
The article reports that a stage version of the TV quiz show "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire?" begins a nationwide tour in Eastbourne. Confirmed venues include Torquay, Bournemouth, Grimsby and Harrogate. The tour will be hosted by Les Dennis, Eamonn Holmes and Paul Ross. Rather than Â£1...
- A Pop Quiz for the Secretary. Mummolo, Jonathan // Newsweek;11/27/2006, Vol. 148 Issue 22, p13
The article presents an interview with U.S. Secretary of Education Margaret Spellings about her being a contestant on the television game show "Jeopardy." Spellings shares comments about her preparation for the show, her strategies for playing the game, and her favorite subjects--politics,...
- Hook, line and quizzer? Clarke, Steve // Variety;3/5/2007, Vol. 406 Issue 3, p24
This article discusses allegations of fraud among British quiz shows. The show "Richard & Judy" is alleged to have mislead viewers into calling a pay-per-call line as part of a quiz show that had already finished. "Saturday Kitchen" has been criticized for misleading audiences into calling in...
- The Big Picture. // Hollywood Reporter;9/30/2009, Vol. 411 Issue 35, p10
The article presents an interview with Remy Blumenfeld, director of global formats for ITV Studios Inc., who talks about new trends in the television industry. According to him, audiences want relatable formats with freshness and originality. He says that broadcasters are also looking for...