NBC U Clears Digital Confusion
- Get ready to see the pope in high-def TV. // Our Sunday Visitor;11/28/2010, Vol. 99 Issue 31, p17
The article reports that the Vatican Television Center acquired a high-definition outside-broadcasting unit as part of its effort to use digital communications to spread the Good News.
- Digital standards defined. Robin, Michael // Broadcast Engineering;Feb2001, Vol. 43 Issue 2, p34
Defines the standards in digital communications system through the characteristics of 1920 x 1080 high definition television (HDTV) picture formats. Features of 1920 x 1080 HDTV picture formats; Frequency formats in digital communications; Composition of digital representation of 1920 x 1080...
- Home of HD. Cooper, Will // New Media Age;3/22/2007, p36
The article reviews the web site Home of HD from Toshiba, available at www.home-of-hd.com.
- The case for COFDM. Nolan, Dermont // Broadcast Engineering;Aug2000, Vol. 42 Issue 9, p22
Focuses on the high-definition television (HDTV) standards conflict between Europe, Japan and the United States. Commercialization of COFDM transmission technology; Information on the DVB-T digital terrestrial television system; Difference between DVB-T and ATSC systems; Markets for DVB-T.
- interactivity. Cohen, Ovadia // Broadcast Engineering;Dec2000, Vol. 42 Issue 14, p77
Deals with the prospects of digital entertainment technologies in the United States (U.S.). Critique on the level of acceptance or penetration by high definition television and interactive television (iTV) technologies in the U.S.; Factors for the increasing demand for digital broadcast...
- Shooting HDTV in Seattle. Brown, Peter J. // Broadcasting & Cable;04/08/98, Vol. 128 Issue 15, p32
Presents information on KCTS-TV in Seattle, Washington, highlighting that KCTS-TV is one of the six Public Broadcasting Service (PBS) stations that make up the Digital Broadcasting Alliance (DBA) and its work in the development of high definition television (HDTV) programming. Strategic...
- KA-BOOOM! Lafferty, Michael // CED;Jun2000, Vol. 26 Issue 6, p76
Focuses on the impact of digital television (DTV) sets production on the cable industry in the United States. Sales forecasts of high definition televisions and the standard DTV (SDTV); Role of SDTV in increasing revenues for broadcast data services; Concerns on the interoperation of DTV with...
- NBC Uni bows HD net in Asia. Frater, Patrick // Hollywood Reporter;10/1/2009, Vol. 411 Issue 36, p10
The article reports that NBC Universal Global Networks will launch its first high definition (HD) channel in the Asia-Pacific region when it debuts SCI FI HD on Japan's SkyPerfect direct to home (DTH) platform. Raymund Miranda, managing director of NBC Uni Global Networks Asia Pacific, said that...
- HDTV hardware. Luff, John // Broadcast Engineering;May2005, Vol. 47 Issue 5, p98
Discusses changes aimed at improving high-definition television. Early projections suggesting that a station would need $30 million to build an HDTV infrastructure; Emergence of the enabling change brought about by compression technology, then called bit-rate reduction; Technical feasibility of...