New Media Scales the Summit
- CTAM urges marketers to take control, defend customers. Higgins, John M. // Broadcasting & Cable;07/06/98, Vol. 128 Issue 28, p42
Highlights the topics discussed during the annual convention of the Cable Television Association of Marketers (CTAM) in Chicago, Illinois. Theme of the convention; Assertions from Peter Chernin, chief executive officer of Fox Group; Message shared by Char Beales, CTAM president.
- CTAM 2000, Post-Mortem. Paskowski, Marianne // Multichannel News;07/24/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 30, p74
Focuses on proceedings of the July 2000 Cable & Telecommunications Association for Marketing's (CTAM) annual summit held in Boston, Massachusetts. Award received by CTAM president, Char Beales, as Cool Woman of Cable 2000.
- A tide in the affairs of cable. // Broadcasting & Cable;12/09/96, Vol. 126 Issue 51, p138
Editorial. Focuses on the status of the cable industry of the United States prior to the holding of the 1996 Western Cable Show in Anaheim, California. Opportunities from digital delivery and high-speed modems; Challenges posed by direct broadcasting satellite; Threat of potential competition...
- New money from old tech. Coe, Steve // Broadcasting & Cable;12/4/95, Vol. 125 Issue 49, p66
Focuses on a panel discussion on electronic program guides, classified advertising and virtual channels that are available to cable operators during the 1995 Western Cable Show at Anaheim, California. Options available for services; Three models of virtual channels operating.
- In branding, image is reality. McConville, Jim // Broadcasting & Cable;12/4/95, Vol. 125 Issue 49, p70
Focuses on a panel discussion on the importance of creating the right impression in the cable television industry during the 1995 Western Cable Show at Anaheim, California. Element in building cable brand loyalty; Cable networks' launching of a brand-building campaign as damage control.
- Gauls on the Go. Williams, Michael // Variety;02/14/2000, Vol. 377 Issue 13, p37
Focuses on the status of France's cable business. Estimated number of cable subscribers in the country; Prediction of the Association of French Cable Operators; Factors that drive the cable business forward; Main cable operators of the country.
- Executives peer into future. Brown, Rich // Broadcasting & Cable;12/6/93, Vol. 123 Issue 49, p10
Focuses on a panel session of media executives at the 1993 Western Cable Show. Time frame for the rollout of channels; Guide for consumers through program choices; Costs involved; Electronic superhighway in the newspaper business; Panelists.
- Jornadas '95 confab expects record year. Goyoaga, Beatriz // Variety;11/13/95, Vol. 361 Issue 2, p37
Presents a report on the fifth annual `Jornadas de Cable,' show, or ATVC-CAPER 1995 scheduled to be held from November 19 to 22. Note on its organizers Argentine's Cable TV Association and the Argentine Chamber of Broadcast Equipment Suppliers; Features of the event.
- Pre-Western Jitters. Paskowski, Marianne // Multichannel News;11/27/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 48, p218
Focuses on the perceived problems experienced by cable television programmers in the United States prior to the 2000 Western Cable Show. Problems of putting up costly exhibits without guarantee of return; Difficulty in accomplishing negotiations between programmers and operators; Rate increase...