HBO 'Wires' Up VOD
- SVOD Lineup. // Multichannel News;10/4/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 40, p36
Presents a list of programming highlights, including movies and television series, for October 2004 from subscription video-on-demand offers Home Box Office, Playboy TV, Showtime Networks Inc., and Starz Encore Group LLC.
- SVOD Could Use Help: Panel. Applebaum, Simon // Multichannel News;11/4/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 44, p2
Reports on the increased popularity of subscription video-on-demand (SVOD) services at the Kagan, New York video-on-demand (VOD) summit. Reasons for skepticism of some producers about the reliability of SVOD; Breakup of SVOD programming offered by Home Box Office Inc.; Arguments for selling SVOD...
- HBO GOES VOD IN U.K. Clarke, Steve // Daily Variety;2/14/2007, Vol. 294 Issue 34, p11
The article reports that Home Box Office Inc. is launching a subscription video-on-demand (VOD) service in England in 2007. It is the first time that it will be available as a stand-alone branded destination in England. Rolling out this spring, the service will be carried by competing British...
- '02 Was Kind To PPV, VOD. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;2/17/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 7, p2
Focuses on the revenue generated by pay-per-view (PPV) and video-on-demand movies, adult programming and events in 2002. Comparison of revenues generated by movies in the year 2001 and 2002; Percent increase in adult PPV revenue in 2002; Revenue generated by satellite subscribers per household.
- Execs Say VOD Trumps PPV Buy Rates. Hogan, Monica // Multichannel News;09/25/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 39, p36
Focuses on video-on-demand (VOD) market in the United States. Comparison between the buy-rates of VOD and subscription television; Need to explain technology to customers; Commencement of VOD technical trials by Comcast Cable Communications.
- PAY-TV SUBSCRIPTIONS DIP AS SVOD RISES. // Broadcasting & Cable;9/28/2015, Vol. 145 Issue 33, p12
The article discusses the highlights of Nielsen's "Total Audience Report" for the second quarter of 2015, noting the decrease in traditional pay-television subscription and the rise of subscription video on demand (SVOD) service in U.S. homes, and presents charts on media usage among U.S. adults.
- PAY-TV SUBSCRIPTIONS DIP AS SVOD RISES. // Multichannel News;9/28/2015, Vol. 36 Issue 34, p39
The article offers information on decline in ratio of people using pay television subscription due to surge in subscription video on demand (SVOD) service and resents a chart showing television as a primary conduit for media consumption specially during primetime hours.
- HBO Sets Record For Emmy Noms. Hibberd, James // Television Week;7/19/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 29, p3
Reports on the nominations earned by cable television network HBO for its television programs in the 2004 Emmy Awards. Comparison of the number of nominations of cable programs and broadcast; Information on the television programs that landed in best series categories; Statement issued by HBO...
- HBO Tweaks On Demand. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;10/4/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 40, p29
Discusses the success of Home Box Office's On Demand service as shown in the preview of its new TV series "Entourage," on subscription video on demand weeks before the linear premiere and the network's on-demand showings of "Curb Your Enthusiasm." Information on the HBO On Demand and Cinemax on...