Nets to Critics: Watch This on the Web
- Hallmark Channel feels holiday spirit. Levine, Stuart // Daily Variety;7/8/2008, Vol. 300 Issue 2, p10
The article reports that the Hallmark Channel owned by Crown Media Holdings Inc., has modified its original movie plans and would be announcing that it has 30 films under production at the Television Critics Association's confab. It reports that the network has bought the rights to the films...
- Cable 'Lost' In Disney Plans. Moss, Linda; Umstead, R. Thomas; Farrell, Mike; Gibbons, Kent // Multichannel News;4/17/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 16, p47
Focuses on the issue concerning the decision of Walt Disney Co. to offer several hit TV programs online for free. Impact of the decision on video-on-demand services of cable operators; Reasons for the long-standing dispute between cable operators and Walt Disney; Advantages of offering video...
- Will Internet Television Charge Ahead? SPANGLER, TODD // Multichannel News;3/2/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 9, p3
The article discusses the views of different cable operators in the U.S. regarding Internet television. It is stated that operators are not aware about how the service would work such as whether it would provide downloadable or streaming video and whether the service will be free. According to a...
- Russia -- Digital Economy and Digital TV -- Insights, Statistics and Analysis. // Russian Telecom;May2013, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p15
The article presents insights, statistics, and analysis of Russia's cable television (TV), terrestrial, Internet protocol TV and satellite platforms, and highlights key developments in the country's digital economy and digital TV.
- Who do you believe? // Telecom Asia;Dec2010, Vol. 21 Issue 10, p52
The article reports on the conflicting data gathered by some research firms such as PaidContent and SNL Kagan concerning the performance of cable television services with the introduction of internet-based television in the U.S.
- MTV stays home. // Broadcasting & Cable;6/10/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 24, p4
Reports the return of the Television Critics Association (TCA) tour to Pasadena in California. Demands of TCA from cable networks; Failure of MTV Network to comply with the TCA requirements; Issue regarding the presence of MTV Network in New York.
- Journos flip over CNBC's freebie. Richmond, Ray // Variety;7/15/96, Vol. 363 Issue 10, p5
Reports that cable network CNBC distributed Motorola cellular phones to reporters and critics during the Television Critics Association's 1996 press tour. Television journalists' reactions to the giveaway.
- Programmers strut their stuff. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;01/24/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p1
Reports on cable television programmers' campaign for their program offerings at the Television Critics Association's winter tour in California in January 2000. Home Box Office's touting of the ratings for the second season of the soap opera `The Sopranos'; Networks' coverage of election...
- Ho-hum cable hype tour. McConville, Jim // Electronic Media;07/26/99, Vol. 18 Issue 30, p3
Reports on cable television networks' presentation of their programs during the Television Critics Association's 1999 summer press tour. Impact of John F. Kennedy Jr.'s July 17, 1999, crash on the presentation.