National Ad-Rating Scheme Panned
- AIMing for New Metrics. Crupi, Anthony // MediaWeek;4/7/2008, Vol. 18 Issue 14, p6
The article reports that cable television channel AMC is guaranteeing a portion of its upfront advertising sales deals based on two new metrics that measure viewer receptiveness to ads. The metrics were developed in conjunction with The Nielsen Co. and assess the correlations between genre and...
- Cable ad growth curve unchecked. Greim, Lisa // Advertising Age;4/22/1996, Vol. 67 Issue 17, p38
The article considers the possibility that the upfront media buying season for cable television in the U.S., in which advertisers buy time for the upcoming season of programming, will be filled with revenues. However, some of the ad-friendliness will decline as costs on some of the large,...
- Cable's Court TV lays claim to `rich' niche. Mandese, Joe // Advertising Age;4/11/1994, Vol. 65 Issue 15, p8
The article reports on the impact of a study by Nielsen Media Research Inc. on the television cable advertising industry in the U.S. The study was commissioned by Court TV. The study is creating a conflict between established networks like Cable News Network, ESPN and USA Network and newer,...
- MSOs spiff up their images, boost service. Mermigas, Diane // Electronic Media;09/14/98, Vol. 17 Issue 38, p30
Focuses on the effort of multiple system operators in the United States' cable broadcasting industry to advertise their products effectively. Reference to the amount of money spent by cable operators in advertising; Comments from Ray Katz, analyst at Bear Stearns company; Reference to the...
- $14 bil upfronts offer hope. Phillips, Braden // Variety;7/29/2002, Vol. 387 Issue 10, pA2
Reports on the recovery of television (TV) networks and the cable TV advertising market. Revenue of networks in 2000; Amount of losses in 2001; Factors that contributed to the recovery.
- TBS BUNNY HOPS TO IT FOR SPONSOR. Newbery, Charles; Sutter, Mary // Variety;6/17/2002, Vol. 387 Issue 5, p20
Reports on the addition of Quicky rabbit animated commercial to Cartoon Network Latin America. Features of the animated commercial; Decrease in advertising spending on pay television in Argentina; Forecast on overall advertisement spending in Argentina in 2002.
- The Top 20 DRTV National Cable Rankings. // Response;Mar2004, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p14
Ranks the top twenty direct response television shows in U.S. cable broadcasting recent as of March 2004. Name of show and cable rank; Marketing company; Long-form and short-form programs.
- Kids Are Halfway Home. Schmuckler, Eric // MediaWeek;5/12/2003, Vol. 13 Issue 19, p8
Presents a business update related to television advertising as of May 2003. Deal between Nickelodeon and Starcom; Information on Cartoon Network; Sell-levels of 4Kids Entertainment's Fox Box.
- CBS, cable network link to plug same show. Mandese, Joe // Advertising Age;11/30/1992, Vol. 63 Issue 49, p8
This article reports on the decision of CBS, a major television network in the U.S., to air television advertising spots during its late-night TV shows in an aim to encourage viewers to watch a prime-time program on a cable TV network. Comedy Central, in turn, plans spots promoting a late-night...