Comcast Hooks 'Shark' Premiere
- Comcast, Discovery Reach Carriage Deal. Lafayette, Jon // Television Week;1/19/2009, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p3
The article reports on the agreement of Comcast Corp. and Discovery Communications to a new long-term carriage agreement. Comcast likely has agreed to carry several of Discovery's high-definition television networks, the article notes. People familiar with both companies said that, as part of...
- VOD Discovery for Comcast. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;6/21/2004, Vol. 283 Issue 54, p6
Reports on the deal struck by cable operator Comcast Corp. with Discovery Networks Inc. for free video-on-demand (VOD) programming from a batch of Discovery-owned channels to Comcast subscribers in the U.S. Television programs included in the VOD offerings; Details of the agreement.
- CURIOUS BEHAVIOR. BAUMGARTNER, JEFF // Multichannel News;3/16/2015, Vol. 36 Issue 10, p14
The article offers information on the subscription video-on-demand service CuriosityStream, from Discovery Communications.
- Comcast Eyes Hook-Ups. // Multichannel News;10/10/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 38, p3
The article reports on the plan of Comcast Corp. to extend video on demand (VOD) to game consoles, connected televisions (TV), and devices in the U.S. President Sam Schwartz says that it is part of the company's desire to be on screens that consumers want them to be on. He emphasizes that in...
- COMCAST ADDS VOD TITLES. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;10/28/2005, Vol. 289 Issue 20, p3
Reports on the plan of cable operator Comcast to offer video-on-demand (VOD) titles to its digital subscribers in the U.S. Number of VOD titles to be offered; Free service to be given to its digital subscribers called MoviePass.
- Discovery venturing into SVOD territory. Robins, Andrew // Electronic Media;8/13/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 33, p2
Reports on Discovery Networks Inc.'s plan to venture into the subscription video-on-demand (SVOD) business. Plan to develop a VOD service from a nonpremium cable network that would be billed on a subscription basis; Features of the subscription SVOD service.
- Rivers Lends Glitz to Philly VOD. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;1/20/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p37
Reports on the launch of video on demand (VOD) by Comcast Corp. in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Facilities provided and cost of VOD; Availability of VOD; Equipment used by the company for downloading content; Servers and set tops used in Philadelphia operation.
- Comcast's Strauss: VOD Poised for More Growth. Reynolds, Michael // Broadcasting & Cable;5/27/2013, Vol. 143 Issue 21, p14
The article reports on the video-on-demand (VOD) program of Comcast Corp. is poised for growth on all of its five broadcast networks in the U.S.
- Strauss: VOD Poised for Real Growth. REYNOLDS, MIKE // Multichannel News;5/27/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 21, p4
The article offers information that video-on-demand (VOD) programming of Comcast Corp. has been poised for growth on several levels and reports that the multiple-system operator (MSO) has seen 15-20 percent in C3 viewing, an average commercial minute rating, due to increased consumption of VOD.