Whither FMVSS 108?
- NHTSA announces plans for rollaway prevention regulation. // Trailer / Body Builders;Oct2009, Vol. 50 Issue 12, p10
The article discusses the U.S. National Highway Traffic Safety Administration's (NHTSA) issuance of a notice of proposed rulemaking (NPRM) that recommends the use of a brake transmission shift interlock (BTSI) in larger class of vehicles. It states that the NHTSA wants to amend the Federal Motor...
- What trailer manufacturers must know about federal lighting requirements. Weber, Rick // Trailer/Body Builders Exclusive Insight;5/1/2014, p1
The article focuses on federal lighting requirements for trailers set under the U.S. Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard 108 (FMVSS 108) that became effective December 1, 2012. Topics include changes to FMVSS 108 brought by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA),...
- NHTSA amends bus emergency exit rule. // Trailer / Body Builders;Apr2012, Vol. 53 Issue 6, p10
The article offers brief information on the amendments made by the U.S. National Highway Traffic Safety Administration to the federal motor vehicle safety standard for bus emergency exits.
- NHTSA research projects to improve road safety. // Professional Safety;Feb96, Vol. 41 Issue 2, p44
Reports on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration's (NHTSA) initiation of two research projects to improve motor vehicle safety. Testing of an in-vehicle system that alerts emergency medical services (EMS) after a crash; Testing the ability of advanced cruise control to help drivers...
- Division of Supreme Files Petition for Inconsequential Noncompliance. // Trailer/Body Builders Exclusive Insight;6/12/2013, p2
The article reports on the petition filed by bus manufacturer Startrans to the U.S. National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) for the exemption in the Chapter 301 requirements. The company noted the main reason for the exemption from notification and remedy requirements is the...
- Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards; Side Impact Protection. Bonanti, Christopher J. // Federal Register (National Archives & Records Service, Office of;11/28/2012, Vol. 77 Issue 229, p70914
A correction to a notice issued by the U.S. National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) informing about a rule responding a petition for reconsideration of rule on the Federal motor vehicle safety standard for side impact protection is presented.
- U.S. probes Nissan and Jeep problems. // Knoxville Automotive Report;Jul2011, Vol. 21 Issue 10, p3
The article reports on the investigation by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration concerning brake problems with the Nissan Altima and air bag problems with the Jeep Wrangler.
- Gov't investigates Honda Odyssey liftgates. // Knoxville Automotive Report;Nov2011, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p3
The article reports on the investigation of the U.S. National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) on some 2009 Honda Odyssey minivans' power liftgates that suddenly closes which found the failure in gas-filled liftgate struts and unable to support the liftgate when it was opened.
- NHTSA RULE WOULD MANDATE STABILITY SYSTEMS. // Commercial Carrier Journal;Jun2012, Vol. 169 Issue 6, p14
The article reports on the new federal motor vehicle safety standard proposed by the National Highway Traffic Safety Association (NHTSA) that would require electronic stability control systems on large commercial trucks, motorcoaches and other large buses.