Western Star truck helps put 'Reliable' in custom car hauler's business name
- Hendrickson AIRTEK Front Air Suspension Now Available on More Western Star Models. // Fleet Equipment;Feb2005, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p37
This article reports that Hendrickson announces that Western Star Inc. will offer the AIRTEK (Front Airliner) integrated front axle and air suspension on Western Star 4900 FA, EX and LowMax, in addition to 4900 SA. .AIRTEK, the industry's first integrated front axle anti air suspension, provides...
- Western Star expands with its own cab model. Kisiel, Ralph // Automotive News;6/19/1995, Vol. 69 Issue 5610, p20
Reports on Canada-based Western Star Trucks Inc.'s design and production plans for a cab and sleeper. Company's installation of a cab-assembly plant in Kelowna, B.C.; Expectations from company's venture in the cab and sleeper product line; Comments from company officials.
- Western Star finance formed. // Traffic World;4/8/96, Vol. 246 Issue 2, p49
Presents information on the formation of Western Star Finance by Newcourt Credit Group, Toronto and Western Star Trucks, Kelowna British Columbia. Information on services to be offered by Western Star Finance; Background information on Western Star; Comments from Western Star Chairman, Terry...
- Bothwell MSA is 'embarrassing'. // Truck & Driver;Feb2011, p9
The article offers information the journal Truck & Driver's (T&D) rogue gallery of MSAs.
- Trucker helps state police in high-speed chase. // Fleet Owner Blog;6/27/2012, p4
The article reports on an incident involving a truck driver helping out the Vermont State Police as they tried to stop a motorist during a high-speed chase on Interstate 89 near Bolton, Virginia.
- Too much safety information? Seaton, Henry // Commercial Carrier Journal;Dec2009, Vol. 166 Issue 12, p34
The article provides an answer to a question of how to deal with the consequences of having a higher driver out-of-service SEA score as a small unrated carrier.
- Anger on the A1. McCutcheon, David // Truck & Driver;Jan2014, p98
A letter to the editor is presented related to an article on professional large goods vehicle (LGV) drivers published in the previous issue.
- Western Star fetes four decades of truck manufacturing. // Bulk Transporter;Oct2007, Vol. 70 Issue 4, p110
The article evaluates the two trucks from Western Star Trucks Inc. including the 4900 EX and the 4900 SA oil field service bed truck.
- Western Star Trucks Launches into the Class 7 Market. // Fleet Equipment;Mar2000, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p22
Introduces Western Star Trucks' 3700 model truck. Features of the truck; Configurations available for the truck; Wheelbase and standard engine of the model.