First mail delivery van goes hybrid
- Alternative smorgasbord. KILCARR, SEAN // Fleet Owner;Sep2008, Vol. 103 Issue 9, p20
The article focuses on U.S. Postal Service's (USPS) efforts to reduce the consumption of petroleum-based fuels by exploring alternatives for its vehicles. USPS is reviewing the number of vehicles needed for its operations and seeking out the best value in contract transportation. It operates...
- Cleaning up the mail. // Fleet Owner;Feb97, Vol. 92 Issue 2, p80
Reports on the fifty-four mail delivery trucks dedicated by the US Postal Service and the Department of Energy. Trucks as delivery vehicles for Atlanta, Denver, El Paso, New York City and California; Mail delivery trucks' use of compressed natural gas.
- Hybrid vehicles -- which side are you on? Hitchcox, Alan L. // Hydraulics & Pneumatics;Jul2006, Vol. 59 Issue 7, p8
Two letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in previous issues, including one on the fuel efficiency of hybrid vehicle, and another on hybrid vehicles and jeeps developed for the United States Postal Service, in the May, 2006 issue.
- USPS GOES HYBRID. // Motor Age;Jul2006, Vol. 125 Issue 7, p1
Reports on the first conversion of a mail-delivery van of the U.S. Postal Service (USPS) into a hybrid-electric vehicle. Assessment of the emission reductions and fuel economy of the vehicle; Importance of fuel economy on USPS.
- LISPS VAN CONVERTED TO HYBRID-ELECTRIC TECHNOLOGY. // Environmental Design & Construction;Jun2006, Vol. 9 Issue 5, p12
The article reports on the conversion of a mail-delivery van into a hybrid-electric vehicle launched through a ceremony at the Boston General Mail facility by the United States Postal Service. The hybrid-electric mail-delivery van will be monitored in regular service, delivering mail to...
- Toyota sees a hybrid future. Carney, Daniel F. // AutoWeek;10/30/2000, Vol. 50 Issue 45, p8
Highlights Toyota's HV-M4 hybrid electric minivan debut before federal regulators and lobbyists in the United States. Platform of the minivan; Features of the HV-M4; Installation of an extra motor/alternator; Fuel economy of the vehicle.
- Two motors are better than one. Gelinas, Tom // Fleet Equipment;Dec2006, Vol. 32 Issue 12, p32
The article discusses the manufacturing of hybrid vehicles that are powered by both electric motor and internal combustion engine in the U.S. According to the Postal Service, the fuel mileage will increase following the installation of hybrid drivetrain into their delivery vehicles. As customers...
- FCA US to Supply 9,113 New 2016 Ram ProMaster Vans to USPS. // Trailer/Body Builders Exclusive Insight;9/30/2015, p1
The article offers information on the 2016 Ram ProMaster 2500 cargo van which has been selected by the U.S. Postal Service.
- Postal Service books big Ram ProMaster order. Vellequette, Larry P. // Automotive News;10/5/2015, Vol. 89 Issue 6693, p0016
The article reports on a total of 9,133 2016 Ram ProMaster 2500 cargo vans that were ordered by the U.S. Postal Service, which is considered the biggest single customer purchase of the front-wheel-drive ProMaster.