CIRCUNSCRIPCIÃ“N DE TILLANDSIA CHAETOPHYLLA MEZ Y DESCRIPCIÃ“N DE TILLANDSIA SESSEMOCINOI (BROMELIACEAE: TILLANDSIOIDEAE)
- UNA NUEVA ESPECIE DE TILLANDSIA (BROMELIACEAE) DEL OCCIDENTE DE MÃ‰XICO. Espejo Serna, Adolfo; López-Ferrari, Ana Rosa // Acta Botanica Mexicana;2005, Issue 72, p53
Tillandsia macvaughii known from the states of Jalisco and MichoacÃ¡n, Mexico, is described and illustrated. The new species is compared with T. marabascoensis Ehlers et Lautner, T. maritima Matuda and T. rothii Rauh, species with similar characteristics. An identification key, and a...
- Errata: Forgotten Photographers. // Journal of the Bromeliad Society;Sep/Oct2005, Vol. 55 Issue 5, p217
Presents corrections to the article on Darkest Delights by Geoff Lawn and to the article by Lucia Hechavarria Schwesinger on Tillandsia canescens in the May/June 2005 issue of the "Journal of the Bromeliad Society."
- UNA NUEVA COMBINACIÃ“N Y NUEVOS REGISTROS EN LAS BROMELIACEAE DE EL SALVADOR. Morales, J. Francisco; Cerén, José G. // Darwiniana;dic2009, Vol. 47 Issue 2, p344
Anew combination, Werauhia montana is proposed and their relationships whit W. nephrolepis are discussed. Aechmea bromeliifolia, Pitcairnia maidifolia, and Tillandsia balbisiana are reported for first time in El Salvador.
- Tillandsia huamenulaensis: a new species from the State of Oaxaca, Mexico. Ehlers, Renate // Journal of the Bromeliad Society;Mar/Apr2006, Vol. 56 Issue 2, p56
Presents a description of the Tillandsia huamenulaensis bromeliad from Oaxaca, Mexico. Comparison among Tillandsia huamenulaensis, Tillandsia limbata and Tillandsia comitanensis; Information on the leaves, sheaths, blades, scape, scape-bracts, inflorescence, primary bracts, branches, floral...
- Tillandsia nicolasensis: a new species from coastal Jalisco, Mexico. Ehlers, Renate // Journal of the Bromeliad Society;Mar/Apr2006, Vol. 56 Issue 2, p70
Presents a description of Tillandsia nicolasensis from Jalisco, Mexico. Information on the leaves, leaf sheaths, scape, scape bracts, inflorescence, primary bracts, branches, rhachis, floral bracts, sepals, petals, stamens, stigma, ovary and capsule of Tillandsia nicolasensis; Differences of...
- The Urubamba River Valley, Revisited. Dijkgraaf, Leo // Journal of the Bromeliad Society;Sep/Oct2005, Vol. 55 Issue 5, p210
Deals with the Bromeliaceae growing on the Urubamba River Valley in Peru. Features of the Tillandsia caulescens; Background of the ruins of Machu Picchu; Presence of Tillandsia stenoura and Tillandsia latifolia.
- Tillandsia 'Rio Hondo.'. Butcher, Derek // Journal of the Bromeliad Society;Mar/Apr2006, Vol. 56 Issue 2, p64
Focuses on the taxon given to the Tillandsia species from Rio Hondatal in Guatemala. Factor to consider in naming bromeliad species; Species of Tillandsia including Tillandsia xerographica x capitata, Tillandsia Maya, Tillandsia sphaerocephala Guatemala, Tillandsia harrisii, Tillandsia capitata...
- Tillandsia lotteae in Cultivation. Flower, Andrew // Journal of the Bromeliad Society;Mar/Apr2009, Vol. 59 Issue 2, p87
The article offers tips on cultivating a bromeliad plant specie called the Tillandsia lotteae. The author notes that very few tillandsia species will self-pollinate if a grower has only one plant, or offsets that came from the same plant. He adds that it is also difficult to obtain seeds by...
- Tillandsia cucaensis Wittmack: a review based on recently collected material. Ehlers, Renate // Journal of the Bromeliad Society;Mar/Apr2006, Vol. 56 Issue 2, p60
Presents a description of Tillandsia cucaensis bromeliad. Information on the leaves, sheaths, blades, scape, inflorescence, primary bracts, floral bracts, flowers, sepals and petals of Tillandsia cucaensis; Comparison between Tillandsia cucaensis and Tillandsia makoyana; Habitat of Tillandsia...