TIGRIDIA PUGANA (IRIDACEAE: TIGRIDIEAE), A NEW SPECIES FROM JALISCO, MEXICO
- TIGRIDIA RZEDOWSKIANA (TIGRIDIEAE: IRIDACEAE), UNA NUEVA ESPECIE DEL ESTADO DE QUERï¿½TARO, Mï¿½XICO. Rodr�guez, Aar�n; Ortiz-Catedral, Luis // Acta Botanica Mexicana;2005, Issue 71, p53
Tigridia rzedowskiana (Tigridieae: Iridaceae) is a new species found in the state of Querï¿½taro, Mexico. It is unique by its yellowish flowers with maroon spots, outer tepals obovate, obtuse to apiculate and inner tepals deltate-hastate and apiculate. The flowers open early in the morning....
- COMENTARIOS FLORISTICO-ECOLOGICOS SOBRE LAS IRIDACEAS MEXICANAS. Espejo-Serna, Adolfo; Lopez-Ferrari, Ana Rosa // Acta Botanica Mexicana;1996, Issue 34, p25
The present status of the floristic-ecological knowledge of wild Mexican Iridaceae is defined. 16 genera and 98 species of Iridaceae, all of them belonging in the 4 tribes of the subfamily Iridoideae are registered from the country. The tribe Tigridieae has its principal center of radiation in...
- ALGUNAS CONSIDERACIONES ACERCA DE LA FAMILIA IRIDACEAE EN EL VALLE DE MEXICO. De Rzedowski, Graciela Calderon // Acta Botanica Mexicana;abr1988, Issue 1, p21
In the treatment of the family Iridaceae for the "Flora FanerogÃ¡mica del Valle de MÃ©xico" the following taxa area recognized: Nemastylis tenuis (Herb.) Wats., Orthrosanthus chimboracensis var. exsertus Foster, Sisyrinchium angustissimum (Rob. & Greenm.) Greenm. & Thomps., S. arizonicum...
- NOTAS NOMENCLATURALES SOBRE IRIDACEAE. Espejo Serna, Adolfo; Lopez-Ferrari, Ana Rosa // Acta Botanica Mexicana;1997, Issue 41, p1
The nomenclatural status of T. vanhouttei (Baker) Espejo & LÃ³pez-Ferrari, T. augusta Drapiez, and T. violacea Schiede ex Schltdl. is clarified. New combinations in Sisyrinchium are proposed.
- TIGRIDIA GRACIELAE (TIGRIDIEAE: IRIDACEAE), A NEW SPECIES FROM MEXICO. Rodríguez, Aarón; Ortiz-Catedral, Luis // Acta Botanica Mexicana;2003, Issue 64, p31
Tigridia gracielae (Tigridieae: Iridaceae), from the state of MÃ©xico, is a new species morphologically similar to T. venusta, from the state of MichoacÃ¡n. Tigridia gracielae differs from T. venusta in having shorter and narrower petals, a longer staminal column, anthers fertile along their...
- IRIS for every garden. Thigpen, Charlie // Southern Living;Mar2004, Vol. 39 Issue 3, p134
Offers information about irises. Types of iris in various shapes, sizes and colors; Showy blooms; Japanese roof iris; Growth of Siberian iris anywhere.
- Selfed-seed production depending on individual size and flowering sequence in Iris gracilipes (Iridaceae). Kimura, Takashi; Ishii, Hiroshi S; Sakai, Satoki // Canadian Journal of Botany;Oct2002, Vol. 80 Issue 10, p1096
To examine the influence of individual size and time of pollination on selfed and outcrossed seed production, we conducted hand-pollination experiments in 2000 and 2001 in the perennial herb Iris gracilipes A. Gray (Iridaceae). Small individuals produced outcrossed seeds to a greater extent than...
- plicata:. Gough, Robert E. // Glossary of Vital Terms for the Home Gardener;1993, p71
A definition of the term "plicata" is presented. It refers to the irises that are stippled with dark over light ground color.
- pogoniris:. Gough, Robert E. // Glossary of Vital Terms for the Home Gardener;1993, p72
An encyclopedia entry for pogoniris is presented. It refers to iris plants having beards.