Give Lawmakers a Salary
- APS grant of $137K to be celebrated with NMSU prez. // Navajo Times;7/30/2015, Vol. 54 Issue 30, pC-6
The article announces that New Mexico State University President and Chancellor, Garrey Carruthers, will visit Farmington, Arizona in August 2015 to celebrate a grant from the APS Foundation to extend STEM programs to elementary and middle schools in Farmington.
- You get what you pay for. Rossiter, Ann // Public Finance;1/25/2008, p4
The article comments on the right of the members of the British parliament to determine their own income levels. The situation puts the members of parliament in a morally invidious position in which they are under considerable pressure to limit their pay to avoid accusations of greed. In the end...
- Retirement Sweetener. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;2/21/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32323, p33
The article reports that New Mexico lawmakers have added a provision that would change the formula for calculating the pensions of legislators to a bill dealing with mileage rates for state workers. The bill, inserted into the retirement sweetener, links the mileage rate for public officials and...
- Still no. 1. // State Government News;May98, Vol. 41 Issue 4, p8
Announces that California legislators and top state elected officials will receive salary increases effective December 1998. California Citizens Compensation Commission's reason for approving the pay hikes.
- time line. // State News (Council of State Governments);Jan2007, Vol. 50 Issue 1, p39
The article recalls issues and trends in the community of state governments in the U.S. that were published in previous issues of the periodical "State News" between January 1967 and January 1997. A report prepared by the Council of State Governments in January 1967 highlighted increases in...
- N.M. Governor Wants To Block-Grant Aid. D.V. // Education Week;1/27/1988, Vol. 7 Issue 18, p10
The article reports that New Mexico Governor Garrey E. Carruthers has proposed to block the granting of state aid to schools. Carruthers proposed that all state assistance to local schools would be distributed in lump sums. Marlis Mann, an education aide to the governor, explains that it is the...
- Carruthers Plan Would Pay Tuitions for Some Top-Ranking Graduates. M. W. // Education Week;1/25/1989, Vol. 8 Issue 18, p12
The article reports on the proposed scholarship program of New Mexican Governor Garrey Carruthers for top high-school graduate of the state that comes from middle and low-income families. The scholarship would cover cost on tuition, fees and books of student at any public college or university...
- Deaning Across Disciplines. // BizEd;Mar/Apr2012, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p22
The article presents the views of Garrey Carruthers, dean of College of Business at New Mexico State University in Las Cruses, New Mexico (NMSU) regarding the involvement of his school in various cross-disciplinary programs implemented in the university. Carruthers mentions the importance of...
- Molina Healthcare Appoints Garrey E. Carruthers to Its Board of Directors. // Biomedical Market Newsletter;2/21/2012, Vol. 21, p1
The article announces that Garrey E. Carruthers was appointed to the Board of Directors at Molina Healthcare Inc.