Record Revenue Surplus
- Sindh Budget: Rs. 193.10bn Tax Free Budget Presented. // Economic Review (05318955);May/Jun2006, Vol. 37 Issue 5/6, p9
The article reports on the 193.10 billion rupee tax-free provincial budget for year 2006-2007 in Sindh, Pakistan. Amid protests from opposition on the law and order situation, the tax-free budget, presented by Sindh Finance Minister Syed Sardar Ahmed, is a 302.24 million rupee surplus budget as...
- Greece budget has â‚¬2.06 bln surplus. // Regional Today;3/27/2014, p2
The article reports that the primary surplus of the budget of Greece totaled to 2.06 billion euros in two months, as indicated in data released by the State General Accounting Office in March 2014.
- LatAm: 2006 Budget Highlights. // Emerging Markets Monitor;9/19/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 23, p13
Discusses the 2006 budget proposals of governments in Latin America. Budget surplus proposed by Mexican President Vicente Fox; Rate of increase in minimum wage proposed by the Brazilian budget; Abandonment of the spending change clauses in the 2006 budget proposal of Argentina.
- Budget deficits and debt: correcting structural imbalances. // OECD Economic Surveys: Turkey;Jul1999, Vol. 1999 Issue 15, p51
Examines the progress of the fiscal consolidation process in Turkey. Factors underpinning the commitment to a strong primary budget surplus; Status of public sector deficit; Efforts to control public sector wage and price developments.
- Oil Price Surge Fuels Big North Dakota Surplus. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;10/24/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 32989, p4
The article reports on the large budget surplus in North Dakota that is expected to allow for double-digit spending increases over the next two years, despite the state's consideration of slashing its income tax rate in half. The surplus includes $600 million in state's oil surplus fund, which...
- LOUISIANA: Special Session Agenda Eyed. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;11/16/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32510, p33
The article focuses on the plans of Louisiana officials concerning its $850 million budget surplus. Officials will hold a special legislative session to discuss details of the states' spending plan for the surplus. Road projects and relief to property insurance ratepayers are some of the ideas...
- A NOTE ON GOVERNMENT BUDGETS. Kyer, Ben L.; Maggs, Gary E. // American Economist;Fall2005, Vol. 49 Issue 2, p87
The standard pedagogical examination of government budgets includes the distinction between cyclical and structural deficits and surpluses and changes thereof. This paper extends the regular classroom analysis and graphically demonstrates that cyclical changes in the government budget can be...
- The 2005 budget. // Middle East Monitor: The Gulf;Feb2005, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p3
The article discusses the 2005 budget of Saudi Arabia, which targets balanced books. One expects fiscal surpluses in both 2005 and 2006, although they will decline from 2004 levels. Fiscal policy will be expansionary in 2005, and the journal expects another year of budget surplus, although this...
- Tax Relief for All Canadians. Williamson, John // Fraser Forum;Jul/Aug2006, p10
The article reflects on the author's view regarding the announcement from the federal government of Canada that it had a budgetary surplus of $12 billion in 2006. According to the author, the surplus is a proof that Canadians are being over-taxed and that it will stimulate demands for...