New School Best Option
- More hurdles appear for Philadelphia School District's 1999 borrowing plan. Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;05/19/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30396, p25
Focuses on the short-term borrowing plan of Pennsylvania's Philadelphia School District. Budget problems; Negotiations with PNC Bank; Speculation that the district may bridge its budget gap through short-term borrowing.
- District's Straits Dire. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;9/6/2011, Vol. 377 Issue 33577, p9
The article reports on the warning of rural southern Colorado school district Hoehne Reorganized Schools in Las Animas County regarding its financial problems and its inability to pay debts.
- ISD Bond Vote Ahead. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;9/6/2011, Vol. 377 Issue 33577, p9
The article reports on the plan of San Antonio, Texas' North East Independent School District (ISD) voters to consider 399.4 million dollars general obligation bonds in November 2011 following the approval of the bond issue by the board of trustees.
- Arizona USD to Sell $41M Tranche of $162M Authorization. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;3/24/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32346, p4
The article reports on the intent of Paradise Valley Unified School District No. 69 of Maricopa County, Arizona to sell general obligation bonds authorized by voters. The negotiated sale will be on March 28 or 29, 2006. Bond proceeds will be used to rebuild an existing school, demolish some...
- TEXAS: Will Spring Hill ISD Shrink? Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;2/19/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32818, p9
The article reports on the proposed $41.8 million bond issue of Spring Hill Independent School District in Texas. If voters approved the proposal, the district would construct a new high school and move students in the sixth to eighth grades into the existing school. Additionally, the district...
- Some States Encouraging Students To Graduate Early From High School. Adams, Caralee // Education Week;1/25/2012, Vol. 31 Issue 18, p1
The article discusses the efforts of several U.S. states to implement programs aimed at getting academically advanced students to graduate early from high school. According to the article, various states have implemented scholarship programs which provide students with an incentive to graduate...
- Michigan Brings $570M in Revenue Notes to Market for Schools. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;7/31/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32434, p4
The article reports that the Michigan Municipal Bond Authority will sell municipal bonds to address the needs of school district finance. The revenue notes come in a series backed by a letter of credit from Scotiabank and another without that letter of credit feature. The underwriting syndicate...
- MISSISSIPPI: Meridian Schools Set GO Vote. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;2/22/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32573, p9
The article reports on the scheduled voting set by the Meridian Public School District Board of Trustees for the approval of the $19.5 million of general obligation debt in Meridian, Mississippi on March 27, 2007. The plans to request for the bonds was formulated through a study of needs of the...
- Mello-Roos Deal Rated. Cohen, Jackie // Bond Buyer;11/4/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32253, p35
Reports on Moody's Investors Service Inc.'s rating of special tax bonds to be issued by the Elk Grove Unified School District in California. Schedule of the sale of bonds; Transaction amount; Rationale behind the rating.