- Tight Spreads and Competition Cuts Into Industry's Profitability: S&P. Hanson, Matthew // Bond Buyer;10/5/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32481, p6
The article reports on the study conducted by Standard & Poor's (S&P) which shows that tight credit spreads and increasingly intense competition are taking a bite into the profitability of the bond insurance industry. The industry took on a combined 18% more risk while the average premium rates...
- S&P Cautions on Slackening Discipline. Walker, Susanne // Bond Buyer;6/7/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32148, p6
The article reports on Standard & Poor's advice for bond insurers. The industry is currently in a soft cycle from a new business generation standpoint. This has led to heightened competition, which along with a narrow spread environment, has produced moderate downward pressure on premium rates....
- SOUTHWEST Bond-Watch. Watts, Jim; Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;6/7/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32148, p37
The article presents news related to the bond insurance companies in the U.S. Officials from North Little Rock have announced that the price of a new downtown ballpark is too high to be met with current funding, so the facility will not be ready for the 2001 season as originally planned. Arizona...
- Damaged safety net may let investors down. Muolo, Paul // Mortgage Strategy;1/28/2008, p12
The article discusses the foreseeable effects if bond insurers will go down in Great Britain. The author states that the mortgage market will cover great losses if these insurers collapse. The author emphasizes that insurance companies such as Ambac, Financial Guarantee Insurance Company and...
- MBIA Earns Top Spot in Revamped Insurer Rankings; FSA Takes 2d. Walker, Susanne // Bond Buyer;10/18/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31991, p1
Reports that MBIA Insurance Corp. ranked number one among bond insurers in the United States in the first nine months of 2004, according to Thomson Financial Inc. Long-term bonds insured by MBIA; Changes in Thomson's method of ranking insurers; Volume sold by Financial Security Assurance.
- SOUTHWEST INVISIBLE SUPPLY. // Bond Buyer;6/7/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32148, p36
The article presents a chart related to bond insurance companies in the U.S.
- Top Bond Insurers: All of 2001. // Bond Buyer;1/2/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31295, p33
Presents information related to ranking of insurance companies dealing in bond insurance in the U.S. as of January 2, 2003. Amount of bond issues handled by Asset Guaranty Insurance Co.; Number of bond issues dealt in by the XL Capital Assurance Inc.; Ranking of MBIA Insurance Corp. for the...
- Top Bond Insurers: First Quarter 2002 . // Bond Buyer;4/1/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31355, p43
Presents a chart depicting the top bond insurers in the U.S. for the first quarter of 2002.
- S&P: Top Insurers Would Survive Worst-Case Scenario. Smith, Aaron T. // Bond Buyer;7/18/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31430, p7
Focuses on the projection of Standard & Poor's about the top bond insurers in the U.S. Ability of the bond insurers to pay claims and maintain triple-A ratings; Capacity to meet policy obligations; Assumption of theoretical losses using the market conditions of the 1930s.