Ballpark Garage OK'd
- Draft plans unveiled for urban village in Dartford. // Leisure & Hospitality Business;3/21/2002, p2
Reports that plans for an urban village including leisure, retail, community uses and housing space have been unveiled by Dartford Borough Council in England. Information on the draft planning released by the council; Belief of the council on the redevelopment of the site.
- A national spatial planning framework: introduction Shaw, J. Martin // TPR: Town Planning Review;Jul1999, Vol. 70 Issue 3, p271
- Extra planning cash risks being diverted. Gates, Charlie // Building Design;5/3/2002, Issue 1531, p6
Discusses some issues on the proposed reform of the funding for the planning system in Great Britain. Lack of ring-fencing for the reinvestment of planning charges into the system; Collection of charges from architects and developers to be able to talk to planners at the pre-application stage;...
- From the States. Lawlor, James // Planning;Mar2000, Vol. 66 Issue 3, p44
Presents update on community planning in the United States as of March 2000. Information on the Quality Communities Task Force in New York; Details on growth management in Colorado.
- Planning Commission makes proposal for neighborhood. Ankeny, Robert // Crain's Detroit Business;06/05/2000, Vol. 16 Issue 23, p47
Reports on the proposal for a redevelopment plan for a 249-acre neighborhood in Detroit, Michigan.
- Passport to a world of choice. // Planning (14672073);10/24/2008 Supplement, p3
The article discusses various reports published within the issue including the undergraduate and postgraduate studies which provides details of the types of activities planning students are tasked with, and another on the courses that meet the academic standards set by the Royal Town Planning...
- ECO-INDUSTRIAL PARKS CAN REBUILD LOCAL ECONOMIES. Emerson, Dan // In Business;May/Jun2003, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p14
For decades, the neighborhood that borders the north edge of downtown Minneapolis, Minnesota, has been a typically dirty industrial area, dotted with scrap yards, a large city impound lot, a concrete recycling facility and aging warehouses dating back to the city's 19th century origins. However,...
- These are the jokes, folks. // Inside Tucson Business;12/18/2006, Vol. 16 Issue 27, p4
The author reflects on the challenges faced by Rio Nuevo, the downtown redevelopment project in Tucson, Arizona. He mentions that the project will have difficulties in bringing back historical sites, attractions, housing, entertainment, retail, and other commercial development to downtown. He...
- COMPARATIVE ASSESSMENT BETWEEN AREA BASED AND PATCH BASED GIBBS-MARTIN DIVERSIFICATION INDEX FOR LAND USE PATTERN ANALYSIS. PATEL, Nilanchal; RAWAT, Anupama // Theoretical & Empirical Researches in Urban Management;Nov2015, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p66
Fragmentation of the land covers and land use comprises both the area and patch dimensions. In the present study, we have employed the Gibbs-Martin (GM) diversification index in order to determine the diversification in rapidly urbanizing Ranchi city, capital of Jharkhand state, India,...