Forming a New FA Pool
- A duty of care to clients. Wright, Carl // Mortgage Strategy;4/6/2009, p20
The article discusses the importance and potential of claims management in the midst of financial crises. It examines the conflict of interests between claims firms and mortgage brokers and how their service differ from each other. It notes that claims management and debt management are...
- Tough Moves for Tough Times. Gill, Dave // njbiz;8/29/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 35, Special Section p35
Emphasizes the importance of the role of debt counselors to borrowers when settling their debts with creditors. Options available for companies that incurred huge corporate debts; Examples of debt-management strategies; Information on filing a Chapter 11 bankruptcy petition; Companies that...
- Firm Offers Financial Wellness via Investment Menu. Manganaro, John; Moore, Rebecca // Plan Sponsor News;2014, p67
The article features the Edge Collective Fund Series offering plan participants new services for financial wellness through their 401(k) investment as an opt-in option. Topics covered include the Edge 401K funds with three separate funds including growth funds, moderate and conservative...
- Plugging the advice gap - if there is one - could do more harm than good. Cicutti, Nic // Money Marketing;2/4/2016, p30
The article discusses aspects of the financial advice gap in Great Britain as of February 2016. Topics include statistics on the number of consumers who took a positive action to better manage their debts after seeking debt advise between October and December 2015, advisers' lack of convincing...
- The Perfect Match. Bowen Jr., John J. // Financial Planning;Feb2003, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p88
Provides advice for financial planners and investment advisers in choosing an ideal client. Benefits of attracting clients with the same interest as the financial planner; Factors to consider in choosing the right client; Importance of identifying a specific niche for financial planners. ...
- A New Resolve. Richards, Dan // Financial Planning;Feb2003, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p92
Provides advice for financial planners and investment advisers on improving their business strategy. Exploration of the financial needs of their clients; Importance of developing the questioning skills of financial planners and investment advisers; Benefits of technology upgrading.
- The Buy Side. Grau, David // Financial Planning;May2003, Vol. 33 Issue 5, p91
Gives advice to financial advisers on developing their practices through smart acquisitions. Information on the case of Robby Harfst; Some basic steps of increasing the chances of acquiring the right deal; Characteristics of an investment adviser.
- Sudden Wealth. Ruth, Jim // Advisor Today;May2000, Vol. 95 Issue 5, p20
Presents a technique on how financial advisors can build credibility and illustrate familiarity to certain issues faced by clients who have acquired sudden wealth. Experience in dealing with such clients; Information on a chart titled `Issues of Sudden Wealth' that financial advisors can use...
- Use Tech To Map 2004 Sales Strategy. Lyons, Tim // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;11/24/2003, Vol. 107 Issue 47, p6
Recommends the use of technology to investment professionals in the U.S. to determine how they will manage their businesses in 2004. Technology products and platforms that can impact the business of investments professionals; Personalization of key concepts.